What's new

🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ— DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ—

So today I received a new fella from Rasoigoodfellas (with some other items from Black Friday).

318599123_547290363534232_3385543062722199819_n.jpg

The Omega 100108 πŸ—
Β 
4H9evIG.jpeg

7th December

Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Razor: Merkur 33C with Razorock HD handle
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Post-Shave: Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + L'Oreal Hydra Energetic

Man, that's a 10/10 EASY!!!

Received Merkur 33C and Cologne Russe today, among other things, and I had to test it immediatly! This scent is quite complex, but to my nose, the more punchy notes, aren't the citrus ones but the Violet and Rose. What a beauty :love-struck:
SOC on his 3rd consecutive day of use, and I do see some improvements. I loaded it for 45s, full dry, and it delivered some great, consistent, well hydrated and shiny lather...That's what I'm talking about!!! This is the brush that many claim to be "THE" boar king :smile1:
2 passes plus a creamy and rich confort lather, that took my skin to another level...These B&M are the absolute best when it comes to performance. What a marvel!!!

Have a nice Wednesday, and don't give up on any brush! They only need some love, patience and maybe a bit more soap πŸ˜‚
Β 

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBOAR 2022
Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (6)
Brush: Zenith B16 Aluminum (24mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:
20221207_140221~2.jpg

Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12039978
Β 
DecemBOAR Shave 4

This is the way

1670474508194.png

With serious anticipation, the B33 went out on it's first mission tonight. And like Luke in most situations, it sorta failed :)

It's a super new brush with two palm lathers behind it, so I'm not too surprised it had zero lather for me for the 2nd pass. Maybe there's a stick/face lathering problem too, this is the first time I've used the Stirling samples I got for Black Friday.

But you know, the GameChanger 84OC (thanks again @cf1!) loaded with the Eddison blasted my stubble like a stormtrooper in docking bay 94. For the first time since I started wet shaving I stopped at a single pass - and it feels just fine, a solid shave. Thanks to everyone here, that's my technique finally improving some I think, which is nice validation.

I'm not worried, this B33 and I have a long time to get to know each other.

The SV Dolomiti sample was nice. It starts vetiverish, strong, but quickly blooms a sweet floral with nutty undertones. It's sophisticated, like all these SV aftershaves samples I've been trying.
Β 
DecemBOAR Shave 4

This is the way

View attachment 1568872

With serious anticipation, the B33 went out on it's first mission tonight. And like Luke in most situations, it sorta failed :)

It's a super new brush with two palm lathers behind it, so I'm not too surprised it had zero lather for me for the 2nd pass. Maybe there's a stick/face lathering problem too, this is the first time I've used the Stirling samples I got for Black Friday.

But you know, the GameChanger 84OC (thanks again @cf1!) loaded with the Eddison blasted my stubble like a stormtrooper in docking bay 94. For the first time since I started wet shaving I stopped at a single pass - and it feels just fine, a solid shave. Thanks to everyone here, that's my technique finally improving some I think, which is nice validation.

I'm not worried, this B33 and I have a long time to get to know each other.

The SV Dolomiti sample was nice. It starts vetiverish, strong, but quickly blooms a sweet floral with nutty undertones. It's sophisticated, like all these SV aftershaves samples I've been trying.
For what it's worth, I didn't love the B33 until well into Decemboar last year. I was excited to go back to my badger in January.

Now, I have an awesome Simpson badger brush, a great AP Shave Co synth, and I still look forward to using the B33.

Decemboar was more of a chore last year. This time, I don't miss the other brushes.
Β 
Top Bottom