What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Boar 12-5.jpg

Omega 10049
Gamechanger .84 on a Tech Fat Handle.
Prosaso the rest of the way.
Very nice two pass shave and I smell good.
I did use some Cremo under the Proraso as a preshave. For me, with Proraso, a little Cremo rubbed on first makes it a lot slicker.

I have started doing this for about a min after shaking it out.

Then I put it on the dehumidifier.

How did you sus out that dry towelling is more effective than dry?
(I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just curious)

If you do it when the hair is wet, the rubbing just works to help dry the hair tips but it's not really doing much else because the rest of the hair fibers are still soft from being wet.

The tips of the hair don't split until the hair dries out. So, rubbing the dry hair against a dry towel splits the tips more due to the high friction. The entire hair strands are dry and therefore stronger with me backbone so there's more resistance. This step isn't need. It just serves to speed up the process.

This is all kind of hard to describe so I'm not sure I explained this well enough but I hope I've made some sense.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
DecemBOAR 2022
20221205_161926~2.jpg

Razor: Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica (6,4,4,2)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Faux Ivory (26mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Excellent shave! :cool:
20221205_162027~2.jpg
Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12037584

DecemBOAR 2022
View attachment 1567911
Razor: Heritage Gibbs 15 Replica (6,4,4,2)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Mondial 1908 Faux Ivory (26mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Excellent shave! :cool:
View attachment 1567912
Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12037584

That Mondial looks really nice! Do you like it in comparison with your others?

Hog Life Day 6

Brought out “Big Red” (Omega Pro Boar 10049) to help the last of my VITOS Extra Super. Lather exploded from a small amount but the VITOS is hanging tough and doesn’t want to go into the fading of the light!

My Ever-Ready 1912 is the best 1912 that I personally own. It still looks nice after all these years and performs exceptionally well. Truly a remarkable razor.

A800A973-3C07-4FF8-9A46-992DA28552C1.jpeg
8757C7F5-1AED-4163-9CC4-5C31BCCEABEF.jpeg

Hog Life Day 6

Brought out “Big Red” (Omega Pro Boar 10049) to help the last of my VITOS Extra Super. Lather exploded from a small amount but the VITOS is hanging tough and doesn’t want to go into the fading of the light!

My Ever-Ready 1912 is the best 1912 that I personally own. It still looks nice after all these years and performs exceptionally well. Truly a remarkable razor.

View attachment 1567987View attachment 1567988

These Omega knots, are just remarkable when it comes to performance. It's just absurd what you get for something like 10€.

Boar six. Beautiful little face scrubber but also capable of painting.
Image5999135550596779133.jpg
I really like Zenith knots. This one is very soft but the loft is so short that there is no floppiness and there are no black hairs which I suspect are the cause of some scritch when a brush is splayed on the face.
Image8706269827974876461.jpg

Decemboar 6 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Black

One of those days where the lather never quite got going, and though I used I loaded the brush well it seemed to eat the soap and the lather, I will use a shave stick or a cream tomorrow to see if it makes a difference. Even without a 'proper' lather, the lather for today's shave was more of a thin layer of Vitos but it was slick enough to see through a 2 pass shave without any incidents. I finished the shave with a few splashes of Denim Black, I'm liking this splash.

IMG_20221206_124051.jpg

SOTD_20221206.jpg

Day 6

Semogue Hereditas 1800
Weber Polished Head
Wizamet (3)
Mike's Natural Barbershop
Lea aftershave balm
RazoRock Mudder Focker

This is the shave I intended to do yesterday, when da fat and new zenith brush distracted me. None the less the Hereditas version of the Semogue 1800 is a fine brush, different, IMO better than the previous Excelsior version.

I recall when Semogue brushes were came to the US market, the excitement of the wood and Lucite handles and how there was a learning curve of the different hair grades, lofts and densities. We may be back at a similar learning curve. Are there other DecemBOAR Semogue peeps who have noticed a difference between the newer Hereditas line and older Excelsior line?

Top Bottom