What's new

🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗 DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗

Decemboar 5 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - Palmolive Green
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Black

IMG_20221205_172044.jpg

This thread is dangerous. Since getting into it, I've gone out, lassoed and sheared two hogs (actually ordered two brushes), and contracted a bad case of the can't-wait-until-Christmas syndrome. In addition to the Omega 10049 I mentioned a few pages back, I just ordered an Omega 10077 -- after consulting B&B posts of course. What has me interested in acquiring boar brushes is the memory of my first brush, a boar, and the memory is that I used it off and on for 30 years. Why not use them again? What's dangerous is that these things are only 10 bucks apiece!

Looking forward to seeing more DecemBOAR posts and posting my own report on 12/26. What's next, FeBOARary???

Hey guys I just want to give you all a tip on helping to break in your new boar brushes.

After you've used your brush and it's fully dried, take it and run it over a Terry cloth towel for a minute. Basically I swirl it on a dry towel, kind of like pretend lathering. This helps to split the ends, especially if you do it over an extended number of times.

O0OzDL2.jpeg

5th of December

Soap: Haslinger Schaffmilch
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + La Toja Classic ASB

This little sucker is testing me, oh yes it is...

1 coffe spoon, full of this hard soap, is more than enough for 2/3 shaves with a synthetic brush, providing 3 passes plus confort lather as I always do.
Guess what? I had to go for an extra bit to finish a 2 pass shave! The confort lather was just weaks and disappeared almost instantly.
For those who don't know, this soap has a beast perfomance! The scent is clean and perfect for Fall/Winter, but the lather is top notch. And the SOC failed miserably, again...
Beside that, I got an excelent shave, without nicks or wheepers. Just great cushioning, even with a cheap Astra SP with 5 shaves on it. The post shave of this soap, is right there with the MWF, but for me, the scent is much more pleasant, and a bit modern I'd say.

If wasn't for the brush, it was a 10/10 shave, so considering that, I'd rate it with a 9.

This thread is dangerous. Since getting into it, I've gone out, lassoed and sheared two hogs (actually ordered two brushes), and contracted a bad case of the can't-wait-until-Christmas syndrome. In addition to the Omega 10049 I mentioned a few pages back, I just ordered an Omega 10077 -- after consulting B&B posts of course. What has me interested in acquiring boar brushes is the memory of my first brush, a boar, and the memory is that I used it off and on for 30 years. Why not use them again? What's dangerous is that these things are only 10 bucks apiece!

Looking forward to seeing more DecemBOAR posts and posting my own report on 12/26. What's next, FeBOARary???
Amen to that brother! Since starting this I've added 2 boar, 2 horse, and a badger. The worst thing is I have to wait until January to try the other non-boars. aarruugghh

Decemboar 5th- wasn't planning to shave today, as yesterday's shave was so nice, but a package from RR showed up today with a new slant razor and a new boar brush; I decided to give the new tools a go. And, a lovely shave resulted- two-passes with some heavy cleanup, no mishaps, and enjoyable, BBS-, 10-/10:

Razor: RR Superslant L2, new- I haven't used a slant in a long while, it was fun
Blade: KCG (3)- had this blade aside for some more use, so I popped it in
Lather: MdC Original
Brush: RR Blondie Boar, new- this was on sale for $7 when I ordered the razor; it being Decemboar the brush simply leapt into my shopping cart; I read these RR Blondie brushes are basically Zenith Pros; since I haven't had an actual Zenith Pro I can't confirm, but could well be

Enjoy the rest of your week

PXL_20221206_003345249.PORTRAIT.jpg

Decemboar the 6th
20221206_010748~2.jpg

After a successful face lather with the body shop cream, I decided to try face lathering Hampshire Lanolin soap.

The brush is really soft, and lathered it really well. My lips are a bit sore, but then it's evening now, and I've been walking around my local city (pubs) . As a consequence I have very dry lips right now.

I think I will learn from previous experiences and begin the lathering on my palm, then finish the process on my face.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Unbleached Zenith Black Resin 506N XSE, first use. It isn't even fully broken-in but it was a pleasure to use. I'm already a fan of Zenith brushes, having used the Zenith M23 Manchurian Badger extensively and the Zenith B33 506 copper handle boar a few days ago. This unbleached brush just added to my confidence in their brushes. I have a Malachite 502SE boar up next in the queue.

RE_Dec5th_2022.jpg

I forgot the Canada Shaving Soap in the photo. Ooooppps.

Hey guys I just want to give you all a tip on helping to break in your new boar brushes.

After you've used your brush and it's fully dried, take it and run it over a Terry cloth towel for a minute. Basically I swirl it on a dry towel, kind of like pretend lathering. This helps to split the ends, especially if you do it over an extended number of times.
I have started doing this for about a min after shaking it out.

Then I put it on the dehumidifier.

How did you sus out that dry towelling is more effective than dry?
(I'm not disagreeing with you, I am just curious)

Top Bottom