What's new

🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ— DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ—

Decemboar 5th
Practice weekend travel routine

PXL_20221205_091501782.jpg
Β 
20221205_074357.jpg

Finally got my first Decemboar shave in! I didn't intend to be a wallflower so long, but life (and my lack of time management) kept getting in the way.

The Omega mixed midget is first up. Little guy whipped up gobs of lather. It's the only shedder I have, but it's forgivable considering its performance.

This was my first try of Captain's Choice Bay Rum balm. I'm normally a splash guy, but this might make me a balm believer. My skin feels so nice!
Β 
Decemboar Fourth
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Em's Place glycerine round Woodstock
IMG_9767.jpg

I've used this brush every other day for the last 400+ days and it has a few split ends. But just a few. It's probably better that way, because I expect to use this brush exclusively for years and I don't want it going soft on me. Good face lather as always with Em's. Shave in a NEW short comb with a Bolzano losing its steam, but still fine.
Β 
DecemBOAR 5

β€œGems” all around!

Today’s lather featured the Connaught Omega Premium Jade Boar and Martin de Candre Rose. A gem of a soap to go with the Jade Boar.

As the Rose scent wafted through the air I raised the MicroMatic Open Comb/GEM PTFE blade and started the first pass.

Over too soon, the ATG pass cleared the final whiskers, a splash of Stirling Ramblin’ Man will keep the wonderful scents going as I start my day.

Excellent soap, splash, and razor/blade combo.

The Connaught Omega Premium Jade Boar is a great little brush. It’s soft with very nice backbone. Although the loft is shorter than my preference, they really designed a great brush. It can lather anything and provides great face feel. The bristles split really well, adding larger surface area and removing any roughness. Makes fantastic lathers.

Have a great day!
B690EB50-D1E0-422F-82B7-E7D496458D13.jpeg
CD3647E5-62E1-42B2-AD0B-655603BE83EB.jpeg
Β 
My 2nd shave of πŸ— Decemboar on the fourth day of ❄️ December.

View attachment 1567181

Omega 49 Pro
PAA Chocolate Bourbon in a bowl
King C Gillette w/ πŸͺΆ

A tad frustrated with the Omega. This brush is pretty darn floppy. It is well broken in, however.
View attachment 1567182

I only have two boars to my name, so I'll just continue to go back and forth between them. Happy shaves all!!!
Maybe only soak the bristle tips (1/4 way up) and/or reduce soaking time to see if that provides more backbone (makes it less floppy).
You’ve got plenty of time to play around with it to see if you can find the happy place for you and your big Omega.
Β 
SOTD_20221205.jpg

Day 5

RazoRock 506U
Gillette Super Adjustable
Astra SP (2)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Lea aftershave balm
Williams Aqua Velva

Listen to the Shave!

I had decided that this Monday's shave would include the fine Semogue 1800 (Hereditas) an Mike's Natural Barbershop shave soap. Yet this morning while performing my first break-in lather with a newly arrived RazoRock, Zenith manufactured, 506U olive wood brush with Mitchell's Wool Fat.

The brush easily built a wonderful lather, seemed very soft and along with the light MWF I was drawn to simply try some lather from the soup bowl I had built the lather in. We all know how that worked out, don't we. The new RR boar was by no means broken in, but it was by far the softest 1st use boar, I've ever experienced. With a little reloading, I enjoyed a fine, Fat shave followed up by the sublime Spanish Aqua Velva.

Tomorrows another day, so I can visit my intended shave.
Β 
Boar five. This was my first boar.
Image5621588075801851414.jpg
@Rosseforp I've also experienced an improvement in this boar by letting it sit for a year at a time. Came close to tossing it in the garbage several times. It's an Omega 10048 that I threw in my shopping cart on a whim because it cost so little. Now it's one of my favorite brushes and I've put it in a nice ebonite handle. The Omega plastic handles take only a minute to pop the knot out.
Image5418377145421564090.jpg
Image5194735906077332393.jpg
Β 
GRUME...Still In! πŸ’ͺ
The 5th Day of DecemBOAR
Muhle/MdC Mondays

PXL_20221205_154410952.jpg

Muhle Rocca
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
MdC Rose
Omega brush (? model)

This is a 4 for 1 day. One shave and four different threads which are all fun; especially staying πŸ’ͺ in GRUME.

I am glad to have developed some experience with the Muhle razor. It is the most efficient razor I use but now I can shave with confidence and enjoy using it. The hype about the Iridium blade has not impressed me but maybe it is one that gets better after a few shaves. I was determined to get better results around my jaw and used exaggerated slide angles and contorted face and neck gestures and took a step forward with the results. I am becoming addicted to DFS++ results and getting there. One final thought. I am a type A personality and very goal oriented but shaving is a zen like experience to slow down and enjoy the process.

Take care of yourself and each other.
Β 
DECEMBOAR, Day 5.

20221205_084954-01-01.jpeg
Semogue Owners Club Boar on day 5.

This brush really makes me scratch my head... It's been used more than 60 times now (perhaps even more), so I guess it should be considered as well broken in. Still, some of the bristles poked my face whilst applying the lather today... πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I did enjoy the scrubbiness of this pretty piggy, though...πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ

Have some great shaves!
Β 
Top Bottom