What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

DecemBoar Plus One

Ringing out the old with some new!

Old: Karve Christopher Bradley, Wilkinson Sword (3), MWS Sensitive Skin
New: Fluffy Industries 86S (the short) handle and an AP Luxury bulb, 70/30 badger/boar

That bulb is 24mm, but it lathered up yuge, I tell ya!

01_01 sotd.jpg

Happy New Year! I will miss the fun here but look forward to next DecemBoar. And I will keep an eye out for other interesting celebrations.

DecemBoar Plus One

Ringing out the old with some new!

Old: Karve Christopher Bradley, Wilkinson Sword (3), MWS Sensitive Skin
New: Fluffy Industries 86S (the short) handle and an AP Luxury bulb, 70/30 badger/boar

That bulb is 24mm, but it lathered up yuge, I tell ya!

View attachment 1387218

Happy New Year! I will miss the fun here but look forward to next DecemBoar. And I will keep an eye out for other interesting celebrations.
Good man. I still have an unused Zenith boar that I will be using today. It’s still DecemBOAR somewhere! 🤪

I really enjoyed this month long event. I sort of fizzled out Christmas day, as I was lucky enough to get 2 Simpsons brushes under the tree. They are my first Simpsons so I was quite enamoured with them and could not stop using them.

I will be using my SOC Cherry Boar at least once a week going forward now though! Man that is an awesome brush!

I really enjoyed this month long event. I sort of fizzled out Christmas day, as I was lucky enough to get 2 Simpsons brushes under the tree. They are my first Simpsons so I was quite enamoured with them and could not stop using them.

I will be using my SOC Cherry Boar at least once a week going forward now though! Man that is an awesome brush!
I also used badgers a couple of times in December as one was a loaner and one was a Christmas gift. No big deal.

I ordered a couple of SOCs for DecemBOAR (Mistura and a boar) and a couple of Zenith boars. They will all be in my main rotation moving forward. Excellent brushes! This is my biggest takeaway from DecemBOAR as prior to last month, it was 11 months between my boar brush uses.

I love my Simpsons, Shavemacs and other badgers but I really learned how much I enjoy the top boar brushes in DecemBOAR. AND they are really inexpensive for the best of the best!

Same here, regarding the SOC cherry! Arguably the best boar I have, and it was the first, new from @bjm! It will see lots more use.

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-use-today-rate-the-shave-1-10-10-best.568241/post-11597249

I gave my Zenith B28 a good workout in December. It's a great brush. Super soft on the face but with great stiff backbone. The knot is super dense. It's not my favorite with super fatted soaps though. My Zenith Manchurian produces and releases lather much better with these soaps. The B28 is my go to with harder soaps, or those that are easier to lather. I maybe have 30 lathers with the B28. Maybe it needs more time? I like boars, unlike badger or synthetics, the experience is more like a journey.

I had to post my first shave with the new Zenith Olive handled boar. SUPER stiff, but should break in nicely. The handle is likely the most ergonomic handle I have used. Like a vintage barber handle but much smaller. 👍

See all of you around! 🐗

C91633C5-5633-438D-85C6-D58D4D1EC1F6.jpeg
F2ED9B26-007B-47E9-ACB8-1F07B50AFD30.jpeg

Decemboar + 1

Thanks, @SharpieB and everyone! This is my last post here (I think) but my future is boaring with a week of shaves with my SOC boars for glycerine prep lathers and four smaller knots (two Omega 10065s and two vintage re-knots) rotating on the shave lather duties. After that I'll do four days a week with these boars and let some other badgers, horsies, and boars in on the other three.
A057F526-6FCA-49F8-A999-631EA64CA705.jpeg

The cherry SOC and the Star should be better broken in by the end of January.

Kickoff!
9F7890FE-C9FE-4381-ACDA-22E2AB9505E0.jpeg

Have a great 2022, gentlemen!

Thank you @SharpieB for starting this year’s Decemboar. It’s been a most enjoyable month! I appreciate all the comments written about the different brushes. Everyone contributing their thoughts is what makes this forum so fun. The banter as well as the serious discussion. One thing to be careful of is how much our boars reproduce without our even knowing. My boar den has grown this month by 7.

My last entry in this thread is 2 days late. I used my favorites for my last shave. Omega Premium Jade with Ethos Lavender & my Timeless Ti .95. Absolutely wonderful shave!
5FB0D959-FEB8-4CEA-A15E-0EBA8E1CC7FD.jpeg

My Omega Jade from Connaught arrived last week, and I wanted to confirm that it has lived up to the reputation so many here expressed! Thanks to all the enabling I now have one and it is a winner! With just one overnight soak in cool water it performed like a champ for me.

0105 action jade.jpg

Top Bottom