What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

InShot_20211231_182540317.jpg

Omega 10086 BIGGER BAMBINO

It's been a delight this month Gentlemen.

Used one of my newly arrived Zenith boar brushes today and had a most excellent shave. 👍

Thanks to all of you for making this year’s DecemBOAR a huge success. Keep an eye out for the possibility of a boar brush themed Weekly SOTD before next December. 🤫

See you again next December!

496FB826-1A78-4C0F-A34D-F4A122E1C626.jpeg

Decem-Boar 31

Grande & Feather
Zenith B-35 Boar
Saponificio Varesino Cosmo

Decem-Boar has been a lot of fun. Great shaves by all. Love the pics. Thank you Gentlemen for sharing your shaves. I will continue to enjoy my boar brush and look forward to next year’s. Hog fun.

Last shave of the year and a high enthusiasm to meet shave challenges and goals for the New Year. I continue to enjoy and look forward to my shaves. DE shaving has improved my shave world.

A great close comfortable shave. As the boar continues to break in. The kit becomes more familiar. Shaves have taken on a thrill again. I continue to work on my technique which basically is Less razor/blade pressure. Extra close shaves with extra buffing. The face shave went with an alum finish. A tingle in neck sensitive spots. Head shave did not require alum. Post skin very comfortable face and head.
The boar will continue to deliver increases in softnesses and will be ready for next Decem-Boar.

Keep Them Hogs Scrubbing

DED0C752-523A-4187-AC5B-C22338AF9D8C.jpeg

To All B&B Members
Happy New Year

Late evening shave for me to finish off DecemBoar. I had some 1987 grape juice and pizza early and within a couple hours, with a cup of coffee in hand, I was ready for a shave. This is shave 30 for me, but not contiguous. I started 4 days early, missed 2 days shaves, used a badger another 2.

Todays shave was with my Timeless, a Wizamet and my Semogue 610. Soap and splash was Leviathan which I felt was appropriate. I wore the EdT today and was still enjoying it as I headed home so that helped with the decision. The Semogue was the first brush I got and the one I was most ambitious with breaking in. I endured about 6 less than enjoyable shaves in spite of all the tricks I did. It is now very nice to use, though not the softest.

I will be here tomorrow for one more shave with my Zenith that is finally loosening up a tiny bit. Then, I will be using a piggie once a week going forward. Have a safe New Year everybody and thanks for all the great pictures and occasional banter.

Happy New Year all! Getting quiet quickly here post-mignight, so it is time to post.

Decemboar ends with a mistura knot I set, but apparently never got around to gluing. I drilled this handle all the way down to 18mm depth for a scrubby 43mm loft. That is deep enough that the knot didn't fall out tonight until I was vigorously drying it on a towel.

Handle and knot are from the Shave Forge. I have always been happy with the knots they sell, especially the boars. The British FB Tech is my newest razor acquisition to celebrate a brand new year. I was still dolphin smooth for a New Year's smooch.
AF7E41AE-94F4-4FEC-B175-BA2C43AC97EF.jpeg

Happy New Year to you all. As Decemboar is over and many are reverting back to badgers or synths, my little piggy will remain in service.

Although I can appreciate why people want to experience different brushes, I am happy to keep using the same brush that has served me so well these last few years.

Used one of my newly arrived Zenith boar brushes today and had a most excellent shave. 👍

Thanks to all of you for making this year’s DecemBOAR a huge success. Keep an eye out for the possibility of a boar brush themed Weekly SOTD before next December. 🤫

See you again next December!

View attachment 1386912

That's a fantastic looking brush. I've been very happy with my Zenith Boars. A friend has a few two including a beautiful butterscotch. I'd have a hard time picking between the butterscotch and that orange and yellow.

20220101_082219.jpg

Wanted to get a last shave in Decemboar, but I was not feeling well the past few days. Then I remembered a bunch of members saying they were going to extend to Jan 1st. So thanks to all who decided to ring in the New Year with a boar! I'm feeling better and the shave this morning perked me up.

The Captain's Choice soap always takes a lot of work for me to get the lather how I want it (totally worth the effort though). The Omega Pro Pro was up to the task, and performed splendidly.

My first Decemboar has been fun. Thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

DecemBOAR Plus One

My first shave of the New Year and a Plus One shave for the folks that missed December 1st.

My favorite Boar brush: the Omega 20102 Pro Boar. One of my first Boar brushes, broken in through use, love the Omega Pros, the bristles, loft, impossibly soft tips, just a wow Boar brush for me.

To start the year I face lathered ARKO with my 20102 and the lather was beautiful.

Thanks to all in The Pig Pen for participating and sharing your wonderful brushes and shave experiences.

Happy New Year
7515FD33-9C69-445F-A4C7-642DCD657C32.jpeg
4AA7021C-9E38-4219-9334-6CCE76EA8BC3.jpeg

Top Bottom