Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Blue
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso Blue
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : Voshkod (2)
Post : Dickinson's original witch hazel , Proraso Blue balm, Gold bond powder

9 out of 10

Did not managed to get a shave yesterday too lazy then too tired. As a result woke up with quite a bit of irritation on the neck and 3 days of growth. Went for a 2 pass shave WTG ATG and no clean up . Fair shave and much much less irritation tonight

I’ll give it another day and shave tomorrow evening ...

You all have a good day tomorrow’s

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
ACC03229-CECA-4293-931E-D71FF6549727.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA
SoapMurphy and McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos 2, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB The Brutus, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeDorco Prime, South Korea 🇰🇷
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceMurphy and McNeil Barbershop de los Muertos 2, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_6988.jpg

Another shave with the Sue brush, it's a small knot, reminds me of using my 19mm stf. It's.. interesting how the shape/fiber loft, but same knot size can have such a drastic affect on how it feels on your face, from love it to just unuseable.

Have wanted to shave this shave stick into a container but never find time for it. Still love the lavender/tea scent.

Today was the turn of the Zenith 80B Bleached. This one is a bit more broken in than the Unbleached version so a comparison isn't really fair at this stage. That being said, some characteristics that won't change with break in are that the Unbleached knot is a lot denser and the hair's seem thinner. It also has an o-ring (I think that's the correct term) at the bottom of the knot which again adds to it's backbone. It's an excellent brush for my tastes, very good backbone but with thinner hairs and very soft tips it doesn't feel overly rigid and it's relatively cheap for a Zenith (albeit it comes with a more basic plastic handle than their more premium offerings).

DecemBOAR 8 (9 shaves)

Face lathering Captain’s Choice Venture with my excellent Omega 20102 Pro Boar is a special treat that results in great lather and a great lathering experience, I don’t do it enough.
My Wolfman WR2 1.35SB is simply the best DE razor I’ve ever used. The blade gap is just perfect for providing the results I wanted and I have no idea how it can be so smooth.
Great brush, great razor, fabulous shaving cream and aftershave…what a wonderful start to the day.
6596F7D6-3CD5-438D-9239-7E20F9077810.jpeg
F70B77BC-3C10-4DF5-9816-8FAB216C9007.jpeg
3E04DAB0-E6C2-4068-A523-5EA2DD11145C.jpeg

More time today, but since I am still working off of a small sample of MDC Rose, I did a face lather with my SOC boar. Worked great just a few swirls on the wetter sample was enough to get me through 3 passes. I usually combine a synth with face lathering, but perhaps that is a mistake! JBF Champlin & Son did the cutting.

E2757F04-13B1-4FB6-8546-F163847E1CB2.jpeg

DecemBOAR 8

Shave Forge knot in an AP Shave Co. Black handle
GEM Flying Wing
Personna GEM PTFE (5)
Mike's Natural Soaps Unscented

2021 Dec 05.jpg

Mike's doesn't get as much mention as it should, IMHO! Great slickness and a wonderful performer. As is the Flying Wing, which flew under the radar and gave me a spectacularly smooth and close shave.

Stay safe and be well, friends!

Brush: Trusty Semogue 1470
Razor: Super Speed Red Tip
Blade: Kai (1)
Soap: Ogallala Sandalwood bay rum
Decemboar 8

I'm still trying to get the hang of face lathering with this soap. Today I loaded the Semogue like crazy to try to build a more substantial lather. It worked, but the lather was dry and chunky, so I had to experiment with adding water. I think I'll get the hang of it. It's a challenge to make this soap work, as it's not very slick, but I think I can do it.
Adding to the challenge is that I've just switched from open-comb razors to the Red Tip, whose safety bar removes the lather before it hits the blade. Not a problem for a slicker soap, but I feel like every bit helps with this soap. I got a better shave today, in part by using a shallow angle so the safety bar had less contact with my skin.

Top Bottom