What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

Nope. Still not right. :lol:
Not 11121. It is banded.
Yours is 11148 - unbanded.

I'd say it's easy to get lost in the Omega world. Thanks for the clarification.

park woods GIF by Josh Rigling

For tomorrow's shave I'm going to pick a SOC.:lol:

Last edited:
20211206_090727.jpg

Tried out the Victoria brush today. Very similar feel to the Ever Ready 200T boar I have in that it is a small, not very dense knot and the dreaded clipped tips. It is less floppy though.

Bloodied my neck pretty well with bad technique and impatience. Not sure how many times I need to do that to learn my lesson.

Hey everyone! I'm still in! My one and only boar is seeing some use so far. That's good though, getting more broken in isn't a bad thing right?

Tonight was my Omega Prorasso with some Chiseled Face Tradewinds. Made a good lather for the Tech with a fresh GSB.

When I brought this wild one in from the trapline and washed then sanitized the knot, out rolled a little worm that had died in the cataclysmic flood. Somehow that endeared this Whiting-Adams Vulcan to me.
19A33148-E728-41FC-9692-35346FCE51D2.jpeg

If you seek softness, the years have made this your knot. It and some Williams Mug set things up for a couple of the Kampfe Bros. razor offerings to slice the stubble back to DFS.
0C7BE123-C864-4852-87F8-3633BD5BB9FB.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Get ready for B&B’s Second Annual DecemBOAR!!!

Please join me for a month long tribute to the often neglected piggy brush. Put away those Badgers and Synths and go hog wild with me. 🐽 It should be a great month and definitely won’t be boar-ing. 🐗 If you don’t have a boar… go buy one! Can’t afford one? hogwash! They aren’t that expensive so you won’t have to go into hock (I even amuse myself sometimes!) to get one. 🤪

I mainly use badgers but I have a few excellent boar brushes that really need to be used as after a few years, they are barely broken in. I will only be using boar brushes in December to ensure my Omegas and Semogues get some love.

Join me for all boar December by signing up below. Add your name to the bottom of the list in a comment. Don't want to sign up? Fine. Just don’t be stub-boar-n and play along from home. Also post your creative daily boar shave pics when you can.

I will be posting my daily boar brush pics Starting Dec 1st.

Let‘s go hog wild!

🐖 🐷 🐽

I'd forgotten how much I like my boars.

Thanks for prompting me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Same!

That’s why I started the whole DecemBOAR thing last year. I have so many great badgers that my poor boars get neglected. At least they get used one month a year. I added a few new top boar brushes this month, so I expect they will see more use moving forward. 👍
Thanks for starting this! Even though I like my badgers better, this has already been a fun experience. I plan to use them more during the summer when I am worried about damaging my badgers.

My badgers insist on air conditioning.

What are your summer worries on behalf of badgers?

Happy shaves,

Jim
Just me, I am more active and less organized. I also am prone to heat stress and only really drop brushes in the summer. I also want an excuse to get more use out of my new boars and some of my summer soaps seem ideal. Sorry, sometimes saying too little backfires.

Decemboar Shaves 4 & 5

Razor: Gillette Slim (1968)
Blade: Rapira Lux
Brush: Omega 10077
Soap: Cella
IMG_20211206_195551411.jpg

I believe the soaking/rubbing regimen over the weekend had a positive effect. Both brushes are noticeably "fluffier" and softer at the tips. By the end of the month these two little piggies should open up and be as comfortable to use as their larger Omega 49 cousin.

Top Bottom