What's new

December Photo Challenge - Best of 2019

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Good day and thank you for the privilege of choosing the next photo challenge. In researching challenges in the past, I had a difficult time finding one with a "best of" type theme. So for this month's challenge, let's see your single best image of 2019. Typical rules apply with a slight change (noted below):

Here's the standard set of rules for the contest.
  • Winner of the previous months challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Image taken anytime between 1 January 2019 - 19 December 2019.
  • Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
  • Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
  • The person with the most votes is the winner.
Best of luck to all and I hope to see some spectacular images from this past year.

V/R
Dave

I'm going to have a go with my first one this was while walking around my home town in Lincoln UK, this is the backside of Lincoln Cathedral taken with my Samsung s9 phone on Sunday yes while we had some sun.

20191201_124018.jpg

And this is the Window from inside looking out

Lincoln-Cathedral.jpg

Yeah I know only one picture but you cannot see what it looks like from the outside, so in respect its the same picture from both sides :pipe:

Last edited:
Sounds fun. I have a few that I'm considering, but hoping my years best is yet to come!

Great entry Ian, it's amazing how much detail a cell phone can capture!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Wow, this challenge is harder than I thought. You don't realize how many pictures you take until you have to go through them and pick one.

Sounds fun. I have a few that I'm considering, but hoping my years best is yet to come!

Great entry Ian, it's amazing how much detail a cell phone can capture!

It is Troy mind you I was within 40 foot from the window, but I was amazed at the quality of the shot this Samsung s9+ has a wicked camera considering how thin these phones are.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Now that I'm posting this, I'm sure I'll take a really great picture in the next couple of weeks.

FB_IMG_15753340893147711.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This was taken on Pike's Peak on 17JUL. A storm is rolling in, and I like how the sun splashes through some of the clouds onto the low land on the left. What is crazy is the nutcases out near the edge. I have gotten sensitive to heights the last few years, and all I could think was "get me off of this mountain". I some how kept the hand steady enough to catch this with my iPhone getting out of Dodge.

pike.JPG

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This was taken on Pike's Peak on 17JUL. A storm is rolling in, and I like how the sun splashes through some of the clouds onto the low land on the left. What is crazy is the nutcases out near the edge. I have gotten sensitive to heights the last few years, and all I could think was "get me off of this mountain". I some how kept the hand steady enough to catch this with my iPhone getting out of Dodge.

View attachment 1040804
Oh, and by the way- this was the only time in my life that I was cold in July.

Great pictures thus far everyone!

I don't know why I love this picture so much. This is in the Fes medina (old city), Morocco, northern Africa. This is a leather tannery. Each vat contains a dye in which men in shorts mash the leather pieces in the dye using their legs. I cannot imagine too many more miserable jobs than spending your entire adult life in a vat of leather dye. It is hot, sunny and the leather dye smells awful. The smell so bad you put mint leaves in your nostrils to help with the stench. It makes me appreciate my day job. Experiences like this are why I enjoy traveling so much.

IMG_2786.jpeg

seabee1999

Awesome entries so far! It is great to see a wide variety of subjects from talented folks here.

My entry is below. Due to some transition this year, I haven't taken many images. However, I had entered this image on a whim earlier this year for the county fair and received a 3rd place ribbon for it.

_DMP0027.jpg

R/
Dave

Great entries everyone!

After much back and forth I've decided to go with the one that has been the lock screen on my phone for the last couple of months. My guard paper wasps.
P1140773(r4.2rs).jpg

seabee1999

Time to vote. There are many great entries but I keep coming back to #13.

Best of luck to all!

R/
Dave

Top Bottom