What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still out, but still shaving!
IMG_20221227_163729.jpg

Date
365 days of shaving364/360
(100%)
GRUME December26/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slide (NW-SE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette TechTimor (2)Omega Roma Capitolina
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Nivea (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)7/10 (neck weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+)
7.5/10 (Smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still out. Got easily dismissed by some shaver for potentially enabling him into specific gear he was looking for last month. No enablement for myself whatsoever. I find it less and less necessary to get new razors. I am looking for additional ways to enjoy the ones I currently have.

Anyway, a fine shave using the flat Bottom Tech. The blade still isn’t great for me, but it behaved better than yesterday. The result today was a quite long lasting BBS-ish level.

But more importantly my son has his first DE shave! And got great first time results.

The Roma performed wonderfully today and I can only tell it apart from the T3 by their backbones. Very glad with both brushes!

Enjoy your shave today!

Last edited:
Day 27, 87.1% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Ti Handle, KCG #4
Enhancement: 0.1mm shim
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I left the Game Changer shimmed, and tried a mostly-autopilot shave, with a bit of selective tidying up. Still comfortable, and got a DFS.

Still out

I'm back, but haven't been able to use my Laptop since last week.

Went back home thursday.
Departure from Bangkok was delayed 90 minutes so I almost missed the connecting flight from Vienna to Stockholm.
Well I made it just in time but my checked in bag didn't, it was scheduled on a later flight on Friday instead.
Unfortunately the carrier company that were supposed to deliver it to my work Friday evening managed to misplace it.
On monday morning I managed to get help from the luggage service at the airport to locate the bag.
It finally arrived at my work yesterday evening.

Lesson learned: Don't pack charging cable for the Laptop in checked in luggage.

The razor that put me out of GRUME arrived on Sunday and I picked up the blades from the Post Office yesterday on my way to work. I will clean it and try it out later today. I haven't shaved since I came home so it will be a good test.

IMG-4223(2).jpg

Hope your'e all doing well :c9:

Date
365 days of shaving365/361
(100%)
GRUME December27/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slide (NW-SE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SCBTimor (3)Omega Super Badger 632
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Nivea (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (BBS and near Marble)
7.5/10 (Smooth yet harsh)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still out and piece of mind.

Another amazing shave with my Timeless. Even throwing in a bad blade such as the Timor it still performs. Never uncomfortable, never irritated, but it was a harsher shave than usual with the Ti95. I subsequently retired the blade. I am into longevity, but not at the expense of comfort. The Timor blade did the job though: near marble in places and a very close shave. Maybe too close in places as even the cold splash post shave stung in places.

The Omega was fun to use again. My first brush and is as floppy as paper at the moment, but lathers great and has great face feel.

Haslinger keeps performing and no sign of me 3017-ing it.

Enjoy you shave today!

Still in

Green Cult V1.1 razor in Copper
Gillette 365 blade
Shavologist Brut soap
Semogue Galahad C3 Banded boar
Shavologist Brut aftershave Balm and Splash

IMG_20221227_211802.jpg

I was going to put off shave till New Year's Eve but couldn't ignore the Galahad C3!

I misplaced the SOC and Galahad C3 in the festive season clean-up and when I couldn't find them, I was worried that the alley cat may have grabbed it somehow.

Thankfully that wasn't the case, Galahad performed very well- a small brush with a big heart.

Edit:

I may drop out of this month's GRUME due to various purchases for friends and family. It might not put me out directly but to make the gifts purchase sensible option, I may have to get something for me as well.

So, I'll try my best to only get things for gifting but I may be out by the end of the GRUME this month.

I'd rather start afresh next year than to start with 1st month out of GRUME.

The stuff being ordered may take months to get delivered but the payment will be done by this month.

GRUME 💪
28th day of DecemBOAR, 2022

View attachment 1578909

Leaf Twig razor
Wilkinson half DE blade (1)
Zenith 2004
Muhle Sea Buckthorn soap

Finally a warmer day and no freezing temperature tonight!

About this soap-I was gifted a puck and had to google "Sea Buckthorn" and discovered it has vitamin and medicinal properties. The soap (in the small owl cup) is triple milled, slick and holds a lot of water- basically a high quality product.

The Zenith is my smallest boar knot and was the easiest to break in. Per Hannes, @Multum in parvo suggestion, I soaked it about 4 minutes and had excellent results. Lately, my goal has been to get a CCS without irritation. It ended up in the DFS range.

Attention all you piggie fans. I have had a super fun time this month and have a personal hog story to share on our last day this year.

My first "HOME" on B&B was the GRUME community thread. It is really a great bunch of guys and it is still my favorite hangout. If any of you piggie fans are interested, here is a link to GRUME.

Last edited:
Still in.

20221228_144507-01.jpeg

I took a deep breath today and placed my name on the GRUYERE list. Thus I changed my avatar...

I have one successful attempt with this annual restraint events and two epic fails. I'll likely will add a third fail, however, I'll give it a try in any case.

The theme of the 2023 GRUYERE is kind of cool... "The year of The Prisoner". Quite a match.

And no doubts, my daily posts will be done in the GRUME threads...

Maybe I can convince anyone to join the list, too?

Here's the obligatory teaser...

This year's GRUYERE storyline will be The Year of The Prisoner. The theme will be based on that classic 1960’s television show The Prisoner. ...
It was a rather different TV show. The concept was a Secret Agent show, but with an entirely different take. Our Hero is, or was, a Secret Agent. In the opening, something has caused him to resign. As he contemplates his newfound freedom, he winds up subjected to sleeping gas and wakes up in a strange place. As a Prisoner. He wasn't allowed to resign, you see. And, the Powers That Be want to know why he resigned. He never does tell us. Secret, indeed, until the end.
Our hero has no name, just a Number, which is Six. The boss of The Village is Number Two. Everyone has a Number, no names are used most of the time.

No. 31 will provide you with a link... 😉

Enjoy your shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom