What's new

December 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in!!!

Might not post tomorrow and I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!! Hoping you enjoy your time with family and loved ones.

20221224_093804.jpg

The January thread is up.
Welcome to the new year, lads!
Can't understand how you have been riding that bike with that snow loaded on your helmet, uncle FM 🤔

Still in!

20221224_205624.jpeg

I didn't make it to post my Christmas Eve debut shave with this Timeless beauty, so I'm catching up this morning.

Timeless wasn’t cheating when labeling this Bronze .78 OC as the most aggressive razor in their lineup. It's a razor of the category "not to pick when one has to catch the bus"... But I caught one tiny weeper on my chin. Other than that it’s been a marvelous BBS debut shave.

And no worries, this razor got into my den back in November when I had dropped out of GRUME anyway...

🌲 Merry Christmas! 🌲

Last edited:
Date
365 days of shaving362/358
(100%)
GRUME December24/30 (97%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slide (NW-SE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95SCBEddison (16)Simpson T3 <NEW!!>
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (super tiny weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (Marble)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Excellent start of Christmas Day! WOW! I wanted a carefree shave so bright or the razor that gives me the most comfortable and effective shave. And boy did it deliver! My cheeks and chin are marble with that glass feeling. I have some stray cats in the jaw line and this is where I believe the blade had lost too much of its performance. It has been retired with 16 amazing shaves in the books!

We unpacked our presents on Christmas Eve and I unpacked my T3 which I had to use straightaway obviously. What a magnificent brush! Face lathering was never this easy! I do need to expand the stand a bit, because the handle is bulkier than I imagined. It is also wider than my Omega Roma. Very glad this one has been added to the collection!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!! And enjoy your shave today!

Almost forgot my Xmas day shave

Pre-Shave: Warm face wash
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Brush: FS 3-Band Silvertip
Blade: GSB
Soap: PDP No.63

Post-Shave: Alum Blick
Davidoff Cool Water AS Splash
PDP No.63 ASB
Trumper GFT Cologne

Wonderful BBS using this combination. The PDP soap was a joy to use. Lathered easily sand performed exceptionally.

🎄🎄 Merry Xmas all 🎄🎄

20221225_110426-01-01.jpeg

For today's shave I decided to use a milder razor. The 'Crat is an excellent shaver if paired with a sharper blade.

My lovely wife gifted me the Captain's Choice copper shaving bowl pictured. I have no clue how she manage to organize this gift, since CC's products aren't available on this side on the pond... when I asked her she just pointed to the sky and replied "Santa's work...".

So that's that... 😍

Enjoy your Christmas Day, y'all!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still out, but signed up for G.R.U.Y.E.R.E. 2023 along with January G.R.U.M.E. Last purchase for at least a year from another B&B member will be paid for on Wednesday. Just needed a strop to round out the straight razor change of heart that I had.

Today's shave-

20221225_113117.jpg

Needed the 23c to mow down 4 or 5 days growth, 2nd and 3rd pass with the Timeless. There is a time and place for the slant but I really don't enjoy that much blade feel. AOS Peppermint sounded Christmasy. The Duke 3 on my face and some Lucky Tiger Aspen to wrap things up. DFS

Merry Christmas all! See you in January.

Top Bottom