What's new

December 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

IMG_20211231_140202~2.jpg

Still in and my first GRUME compete!

Last shave of December and 2021 everyone have a fantastic New Year!

Last shave of the year is in another successful month in the GRUME department

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Pre shave : Proraso Blue
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Proraso Blue
Razor : King C Gillette head and Muhle R41 handle,
Blade : Wilkinson sword saloon pack (4)

Last shave of the year, this blade and me don’t see eye to eye really … I’ll give it another 2 weeks in a different razor and see how that will go

Happy New Years everybody! Pleasure posting with you all here. Didn't think I'd make it through this one but glad I did. Did not survive November (granted, a lot of us didn't) but survived the holidays. Wishing everyone a great 2022 and looking forward to posting with you all in the new year.

Signed up for January but personally ended this year on a great note so will probably gift myself another brush and wash out, but we will see.

Cheers everyone.

Day 31, still out.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Got two new SV soaps in the post, so decided to test drive the Opuntia first. This is the best-performing soap of any that I've tried so far. Got a near-perfect result apart from some minor user error (no styptic required).

Happy New Year everyone. My January 1st shave will be a test drive of SV Cubebe.

Hope to see some of you in the January GRUME and the 365 shaves in 2022 threads.

Well, 70 minutes to go and not shopping anymore so it looks like I’m going to make it.

C52248C0-4CAE-45D1-BA47-A6FBA7AC795A.jpeg

This has been my shave for much of the month, other than rotating through my brushes. I took up water aerobics at the county pool again last month, so both showers and shaves at home have been kind of catch as catch can. Had to at home this afternoon before going out. Been working through this tube of Proraso Blue, and the AS is my typical winter go-to. Flawless last shave of the year. Something to look forward to going into next year.

Don’t know how many more sabbaticals I’m going to do though. I didn’t use up nearly as much product as I expected to, so I still won’t buy much of anything, but I do miss the flexibility sometimes. Happy new year!

The final count for December: 18 of 24. Not bad!

1) @FoolishMortal - Decemboar, December Derby
2) Contact_vs_Feedback - out (12/30: Blackbird + soaps)
3) @Doti B
4) @Stuart Ganis
5) djmillard out (12/27: Italian Barber)
6) @kjbarth
7) lomfs24 - out (12/8: Twig Thorn)
8) @pdieten - GRUYERE
9) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
10) @hopper_64
11) @Kyle89
12) @Timeclo
13) sandorfi - out (12/20: 3 vintage razors)
14) @FL shaver
15) @La Malice - Decemboar
16) @B_R_A_D
17) @mattps1
18) @Angus MacAngus
19) Heron - out (12/12: blades)
20) @Tomo
21) @Cafebarian
22) @Dodger59
23) Roedeer out (12/28: SV)
24) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE
Honorable Mention: @Jack Goossen