What's new

December 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Here are the prize i won on the PIF. 20 different blades!!!

I had a lot of luck With this prize, cause i only have a shavette and only tried one blade (a treet one, different than treet's of the prize) and, with these, i can try em all, son in a future i will be able to select my preffered ones.

At the moment i ve tried the shark blade, and i liked so much, i still have the other half to the next shaving, but i dont know how will be the next blade. I ve read about blades and all of them aree good ones.

There are two which i dont know the brand, one is all grey, within letters or numbers, the other one is that which has a word wrote in the paper ( it seems to be "tomal")

Nothing more else, im very glad about winning this prize. Thank you very much!! :)

proxy.php

Latest in my collection of Hawaiian hardwood handles. This one is Japanese Red Pine (yeah, okay, but the tree grows in Hawaii and is kind of rare).

$DSC01257.jpg

Next up Henckels Rapide razor. Box and razor in VG condition. Rest of the stuff that came in the box is gone, but you only need the razor to shave with.

$DSC01255.jpg

Hi! Here are the prize i won on the PIF. 20 different blades!!!

I had a lot of luck With this prize, cause i only have a shavette and only tried one blade (a treet one, different than treet's of the prize) and, with these, i can try em all, son in a future i will be able to select my preffered ones.

At the moment i ve tried the shark blade, and i liked so much, i still have the other half to the next shaving, but i dont know how will be the next blade. I ve read about blades and all of them aree good ones.

There are two which i dont know the brand, one is all grey, within letters or numbers, the other one is that which has a word wrote in the paper ( it seems to be "tomal")

Nothing more else, im very glad about winning this prize. Thank you very much!! :)

proxy.php

That's probably a Tomac blade. I've never tried one. Excellent score on the blades! Enjoy.

I was looking online for a Gillette black beauty super adjustable but INSTEAD I happened upon an E1 Fatboy for an agreeable price 😁 so much for the black beauty
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I was looking online for a Gillette black beauty super adjustable but INSTEAD I happened upon an E1 Fatboy for an agreeable price  so much for the black beauty
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Congrats. Looks in fine shape, just missing a bit of paint. Hope it shaves well for you.

Glad this reached me before the year ended so I could post it as a year end score. I was fortunate enough to win a very generous PIF from @shave/brush which was three excellent boar brushes. Boar is my brush of choice followed closely by white horse and plissoft synthetic. Came at the right time as my VDH green handle was scheduled to go off line in 2017. Thanks, Ron (shave/brush) for your generosity.

$DSC01266.jpg

Glad this reached me before the year ended so I could post it as a year end score. I was fortunate enough to win a very generous PIF from @shave/brush which was three excellent boar brushes. Boar is my brush of choice followed closely by white horse and plissoft synthetic. Came at the right time as my VDH green handle was scheduled to go off line in 2017. Thanks, Ron (shave/brush) for your generosity.

View attachment 712783

Congrats. Fine looking brushes.

Flea market find. Picked this up as an alternative to my "starter" Van Der Hagen. Was pleasantly surprised when I got home and started researching... (Yeah, I'm a newbie)

$20161229_212618.jpg
$20161229_212702.jpg
$20161229_212730.jpg
$20161229_212627.jpg

It's an H-3 and cleaned up pretty well. Fully operational.

Last edited:
Flea market find. Picked this up as an alternative to my "starter" Van Der Hagen. Was pleasantly surprised when I got home and started researching... (Yeah, I'm a newbie)

A cased slim adjustable for ten bucks?! Awesome find! 👍

I thought it might be at the time, but didn't realize how good. It cleaned up very well with just some minor patina on the top of the doors.

I feel bad about not getting the Gillette 3-piece for $12 and a 3-piece travel size for $6, but I didn't know if they would be usable to me since my father and grandfather used TTO models back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom