What's new

Decanted some Pinaud clubman today!

6ACE74EE-4B56-4F88-AC3E-E8CEC3787207.jpeg

Stubbled across some Pinaud clubman today at local drugstore today which was awesome because I had already been planning on ordering it. I’d also been researching and decided I wanted to decant into nice glass bottle. Well I sacrificed some hot sauce and have to say I’m pretty happy with the results and the AS as a whole. Smells great and now it looks great too!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1077561
Stubbled across some Pinaud clubman today at local drugstore today which was awesome because I had already been planning on ordering it. I’d also been researching and decided I wanted to decant into nice glass bottle. Well I sacrificed some hot sauce and have to say I’m pretty happy with the results and the AS as a whole. Smells great and now it looks great too!

That's really nice!

Did you soak the label off the plastic bottle and re-use it?

That's really nice!

Did you soak the label off the plastic bottle and re-use it?
No I read on here to open up the top and pour hot almost boiling water into plastic container. It made plastic pretty soft but it also soften adhesive so I just used blade to peel up corner and it came off super easy and just transferred it over. That way you don’t ruin label but getting it wet.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
No I read on here to open up the top and pour hot almost boiling water into plastic container. It made plastic pretty soft but it also soften adhesive so I just used blade to peel up corner and it came off super easy and just transferred it over. That way you don’t ruin label but getting it wet.

Brilliant! :thumbup:

decanting clubman and its siblings has been a revelation to me. The only one I cannot tell a difference is the Lime Sec.

View attachment 1077561

Cholula Bottle for the win!!! I’ve always enjoyed my Pinaud aftershave better once it was decanted. Nice job and I hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just did my decantering to a glass vessel 3 or 4 weeks back (glass is inert or does not absorb). I believe plastic is a bad choice for aftershaves and the only reason they use it is because of costs. The older generations knew better and plastic was not used in mass like these days. The re-stricter from the plastic Clubman bottle fits this smaller glass vessel just right for diluting a strong scented aftershave with witch hazel- the little vessel has a cap also to seal it.
Pinaud Clubman- transfer plastic to glass (2).jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ingenious.

I found a Pinaud bottle in an antique store a few weeks back, and decanted VIBR into it, and transferred the label onto the glass. (thanks to my B&B forefathers for blazing that trail)

I used a Tabasco cap, and superglued it inside of the Pinaud cap.

The cap looks awful because I sprinkled baking soda on the glue to make it set faster. (I've never been accused of being a patient man)

Looks lovely, but any Bay Rum itch I get will be scratched with Bootlegger's, so this will mostly be for display purposes.

1670130954137.png

1670131028504.png

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
View attachment 1077561
Awesome!

Ironicaly, I have the same aftershave in the exact same bottle, but did not know the trick of transferring the label. I will try that the next time. Thanks for the tip. FYI, anyone that has any Pinaud product and has not transferred it to a glass bottle does not know what they are missing out on. Do yourself a huge favor and transfer it to glass. You will be impressed with the difference it makes, night and day. Don't know how it works, but it does. It may just be magic, who knows.

I’m assuming you all have some nifty funnels? Any links to purchase? Much thx!

I actually use a syringe I got from GouletPens.com.

HERE

It's got a long, blunt tipped metal needle sold there for transferring fountain pen ink. You'd have to try very hard to poke yourself with one of these. It's probably more time-consuming than a funnel, but I happened to have them on hand, so it's what I use.

Top Bottom