What's new

Debating on trying the Veg.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My sample arrived and using a remote controlled robot I decanted it to a glass dropper bottle.

Unable to resist, and since the spousal unit is working off-premises today, I used it this morning. Went on a bit sticky. If there was a scent *other* than powder I was unable to detect it for several hours. Eventually I sort of forgot about it and now 8 hours later and after a 16 mile bike ride on a warm spring day whatever is left is no longer powder and indeed barely detectable. Certainly not unpleasant. I would say Tabac has longer legs.

I will try again next week and spring it upon my beloved to see if she swoons, makes note, raises an alarm, or stages an intervention.

Be not afraid and go for it. I certainly get complements from the ladies when I wear The Veg. :)

I belong to a club that has toiletries in the locker room. The aftershaves available are Clubman and "the Veg." After years of hearing the Veg ridiculed on this site, I was hesitant to try it - but I got up the nerve the other day and gave myself a good dousing. (To the younger guys, a lesson I ignored about liberal dousing is that it is no coincidence that cologne rhymes with a-lone.) Anyway, it was OK. I wouldn't buy it, but the next time I go to the club I just may splash some on.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday's shave, 4/25:
Knights of the Veg Table
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Schick Proline (7 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey AS3M Dark Knight (Shavemac 26/52 D01 3-Band)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pré de Provence No.63
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210425_114838~2.jpg

Went for the total "Charles Bronson Mandom-style" drenching with The Veg today. My Lovely Bride commented on how much she loves it when I wear The Veg. :001-wub:

YMMV :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I belong to a club that has toiletries in the locker room. The aftershaves available are Clubman and "the Veg." After years of hearing the Veg ridiculed on this site, I was hesitant to try it - but I got up the nerve the other day and gave myself a good dousing. (To the younger guys, a lesson I ignored about liberal dousing is that it is no coincidence that cologne rhymes with a-lone.) Anyway, it was OK. I wouldn't buy it, but the next time I go to the club I just may splash some on.

My complements on actually trying The Veg and being willing to try it again. :)

I've read about the love/hate thing with the Veg for years so I finally bought the small sample bottle to give it a try. I tried it for a while in the plastic and then decanted it into glass. To me, it made no difference in the scent. When slapping it on, it does have a strong off-smell. To me it's kind of like moth balls. When you smell real lilacs I can see what they were going for with this so it's not totally an alien portion of the overall scent profile. Like any scent, it shouldn't be judged when it first goes on. It needs time to settle. After about 10-15 minutes it's a flowery, powdery scent to me. It's not bad but it's not great either. (Though I'm not a big fan of flowery scents.) I'd say I lean toward the negative side of neutral as I do with almost every Pinaud scent I've tried. The only Pinaud scent I really like and would buy again is Citrus Musk.

Top Bottom