What's new

Dear mole: I hate you.

I have a small mole on my chin. Not Cindy Crawford-like, more just a little bump. Today I switched from the Slim to the Fatboy, new Personna red blade, made great lather with Tabac and my Semogue 830 and got a little careless on the chin...just clipped it a little...but man, did that thing bleed. Now I get to spend the rest of the week avoiding or babying that little spot. It took a shave that I had very high hopes for and turned it into a mess.

I'll say it again: Mole, I hate you.

Go see your dermatologist and have that sucker removed. Quite a few folks have had this done, and it sounds like its an easy procedure.

There was a kid in my class who had moles on his neck and one day he got them removed, looked like no fuss at all.

I also have one right there. Worst spot ever. I think it has somehow "smoothed-down" a bit after years and years of accidentally chopping it with the razor. Nowadays it rarely gets caught even when straight shaving, but I don't go ATG on it, other wise I'm pretty much guaranteed it`ll bleed.

Having it removed sure woud sound nice though..

I have a small mole on my chin. Not Cindy Crawford-like, more just a little bump. Today I switched from the Slim to the Fatboy, new Personna red blade, made great lather with Tabac and my Semogue 830 and got a little careless on the chin...just clipped it a little...but man, did that thing bleed. Now I get to spend the rest of the week avoiding or babying that little spot. It took a shave that I had very high hopes for and turned it into a mess.

I feel your pain. I have one in the same place. Are we twins, lol. I've trimmed down mine so many times, ouch, that it's barely noticeable. I still have to be extremely careful and make sure I use absolutely zero pressure. That usually works.

I've got one on my jawline/cheek and it's even caused me problems with cartridge razors. I have to go nice and slow with no pressure over that puppy. I've only recently started shaving with a DE and if I keep at it I won't have to go to the dermatologist to get the thing removed... I hit it pretty good during my second shave and it bled something fierce. Took almost two weeks to finally heal up pretty good. I've had a few more successful shaves since then but I have to be very careful near that part of my face.

I've got one on my chin that I took clean off with a Fatip/Crystal, on the second shave with it. didn't feel a thing. 18 months later, I can see some coloring on what may be a regrowth. not even my worst bleed, by the way. and I haven't missed it since.

$groundhog.jpg

In Germany the removal of my chin mole was covered by my standard medical insurance for free. I spoke to my dermatologist and mentioned something about needing to be clean shaven for work & it being a problem and then that was it!

He "chopped it off to make some guacaMOLE!"

I've got one on the neck... in the beginning, I sliced into it regularly. However, after my technique improved, that ceased to be a problem. I think I haven't cut into the mole in over a year now. I don't know how your experience and technique is, or how your mole looks like, but it is not necessarily a problem for all time.

Last edited:
Go see your dermatologist and have that sucker removed. Quite a few folks have had this done, and it sounds like its an easy procedure.

This.

I had one under one of my sideburns. I couldn't shave it with a DE, or straight obviously; I still had to keep an electric on hand to shave over the mole to avoid potential serious blood loss.

My wife urged me to go to the dermatologist to get a mole on my back checked out and while I was there I asked them to remove the one under my sideburn. It look less than a minute and aside from the initial numbing shot, it was completely pain free.

It was also covered by my medical insurance because it interfered with my daily life, i.e., shaving, which is required for my line of work.

Honestly one of the better decisions I've ever made . . . and I was finally able to bin the electric shaver.

Top Bottom