What's new

Dear great and wise aftershave board, I need help to fulfill my leather fantasy

I have two leather shave soaps I am fond of plus a leather cologne and deodorant, but can't find the right leather (or leather and wood) aftershave. Trumpers Spanish Leather is a bit too strong and if blindfolded I would never guess that Wholly Kaw Project Leather was leather. Any recommendations. If it helps the soaps are Skullbuster For the Love of Leather and CBL Insurgent. The cologne is Carner Barcelona Cuirs. The deodorant is Sam's Natural Leather.

The subject line with "leather fantasy" made me think I was on the wrong forum! :eek2: LOL

I have Fine's Latigo, which is roughly inspired by English Leather. I like it, but I find it to be a lighter, and sweeter, leather. Not sure if there are samples of it on Maggards. Good luck in your search! I am sure with all the great shaving brands out there, someone on this forum will hook you up!

The subject line with "leather fantasy" made me think I was on the wrong forum! :eek2: LOL

I have Fine's Latigo, which is roughly inspired by English Leather. I like it, but I find it to be a lighter, and sweeter, leather. Not sure if there are samples of it on Maggards. Good luck in your search! I am sure with all the great shaving brands out there, someone on this forum will hook you up!
will look into this. Hopefully not as sweet as Project Leather.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This does not currently appear to be in production. Vintage can be in bad shape. Any ideas how old the Whitehouse Dome shaped bottle is?

Not offhand, but I've bought dozens of vintage Avons without disappointment. Alcohol keeps. They can go bad if kept in the sun, I've read - like on a windowsill. Never seen a bad one myself.

AA

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Love Bootlegger's El Dorado...used it on Sunday. But if you're not into mixing, there are two Bay Rums from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements that fit the heavy leather bill: 'Captain Smythe's Bay Rum and Leather' and 'Boomtown Bay Rum'. Get ready to get smacked in the mush with leather!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Love Bootlegger's El Dorado...used it on Sunday. But if you're not into mixing, there are two Bay Rums from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements that fit the heavy leather bill: 'Captain Smythe's Bay Rum and Leather' and 'Boomtown Bay Rum'. Get ready to get smacked in the mush with leather!

Lol'd @ "smacked in the mush." :)

Pinaud Special Reserve comes across as a leathery scent and price is reasonable. WSP Boston Leather is very nice but a lot more costly. I never had Trumpers S.L., but both Pinaud and WSP are pretty strong so use caution.

Pinaud Special Reserve comes across as a leathery scent and price is reasonable. WSP Boston Leather is very nice but a lot more costly. I never had Trumpers S.L., but both Pinaud and WSP are pretty strong so use caution.
If they scent to order, maybe I can get a lighter version. Emailing them, thanks.

Top Bottom