What's new

Dear barber

Any one tried dear barber shave biscut iv recently tried it it was horrible smelled really nice but lather was horrible,it just didn’t whip up like my tailor of old bond st has anyone experienced the same issue

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
A deer barber
1575845404464.png

Welcome to B&B, Sir Omarz!!

FWIW, I've never heard of Dear Barber!!

Can you supply a photo??
I did have some but I chucked it out I found this pic online thanks for the welcome

Attachments

• 15F3D421-3611-49C7-8194-DAAB0567103B.png
    15F3D421-3611-49C7-8194-DAAB0567103B.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 16
I did have some but I chucked it out I found this pic online thanks for the welcome
You mentioned that you chucked out your boar brush in your other thread because it wouldn't lather, and now you've chucked out this soap because it wouldn't lather.

I just want to make sure that you've tried to use these products at least a few times to see if the problem is something other than the products themselves. Lots of people have trouble with a product, at first, but they use it multiple times (or change their technique) to see if they can make it perform better.

Otherwise, it seems like a waste of money to be tossing stuff out. Maybe PIFing or selling unwanted items might be an idea.

Dear Barber looks to be simple melt-pour shave soap/cream; tries to be 'hip' but may fall short in terms of product and performance. write it off to experience; i've been there as well!

You mentioned that you chucked out your boar brush in your other thread because it wouldn't lather, and now you've chucked out this soap because it wouldn't lather.

I just want to make sure that you've tried to use these products at least a few times to see if the problem is something other than the products themselves. Lots of people have trouble with a product, at first, but they use it multiple times (or change their technique) to see if they can make it perform better.

Otherwise, it seems like a waste of money to be tossing stuff out. Maybe PIFing or selling unwanted items might be an idea.
No I didn’t chuck the brushes, I still have them and it was a synth brush.
I have tried lathering with this cream to the point where it was 3 quarters empty hence why I gave up,I tried loading the brush by putting a blob in the bristle loading it like you would a hard soap I also tried and almond sized blob in the bowl they always turned out not great on the face. I tried all the brushes I had (boar,synth,fine badger)I even tried a brush that I don’t use it was my grandfathers brush from the 70s and that didn’t work I tried every thing I could think of and everything I found online.

Dear Barber looks to be simple melt-pour shave soap/cream; tries to be 'hip' but may fall short in terms of product and performance. write it off to experience; i've been there as well!
Well the lady I spoke to at the store said people have come back and complained due to bad performance.
I brought the last she had, She also said that she wasn’t going to be restocking as it wasn’t a good seller.

Well the lady I spoke to at the store said people have come back and complained due to bad performance.
I brought the last she had, She also said that she wasn’t going to be restocking as it wasn’t a good seller.

interesting that she was so honest!

wonder if she would take yours back,or exchange?

Top Bottom