What's new

Deal & Done!

I've been wanting to get some of the talc. If I can find it clearanced, all the better! Thanks for mentioning this, I'll be checking out my local walgreens.

I have 2 Walgreens in my town (for some reason...?) and I know I got my Clubman AS splash there... and it replaced Old Spice as my favorite old-school flavor. I think the AS splash is all they had there though... I don't remember seeing any of the others. They do tend to have a large perfume/cologne section that I am afraid to venture too far into... maybe they have this other stuff over there? Hmm... may have to go do some pharmacy spelunking.... :euro:

So, what's so special about Bay Rum? I plan on finding out soon enough, but is it less drying than alcohol splashes? How does it compare to Witch Hazel?
Man, I still have a lot to learn!

I feel you. I'm still hunting for my elusive "favorite splash". Pinaud Clubman is a strong favorite, but I haven't tried their Bay Rum yet. I may have to hunt down a Walgreens to see if I can pick some up at this ridiculously low price!

Each brand of Bay Rum splash is a little different. At it's heart, Bay Rum is an infusion of a plant called West Indian Bay (pimenta racemosa--not the same kind you cook with) in alcohol. The story goes that sailors crushed and soaked the leaves in rum to help them smell a little nicer on those long voyages. After that, it's other ingredients that give a bay rum splash it's other characteristics. Some have witch hazel in them, some don't. Some add cloves and citrus, some don't. It's a whole wide world of Bay Rum out there. Have fun exploring!

(For starters, I'd suggest getting some sample-sized stuff from Ogallala and Captain's Choice, they're two great brands to try out. Both high quality, but both two very different styles of Bay Rum.)

Hello all, I just went to the Walgreens website to see if the products are listed on clearance there. They are listed at full price still. BUT they do have a locator tool to see what store near you carries the product... that may save some of myB&B brothers from unwanted driving/searching.

Oh and there are some other shaving creams and such only available online, and not in stores... though I am sure the inflated Walgreens prices plus shipping is not worth it... just thought I would share though.

Cheers!

Top Bottom