What's new

Deadlift variation

There is a guy in my gym who uses that method on bench and incline presses. He does some sets with the weights heavier on one side and then alternates. I asked him why he doesn't use dumbells instead and do one arm presses. He said it was for balance.

As for deadlifts, I really don't see the purpose.

We have one guy in our gym who really messes with your head. He always wears heavy sweats and moves in slow motion. Today he was on a Hammer Strength Shoulder Press machine. He started off with one 45 lb weight on each side and did about 15 reps. Next, he went to three 45 lbs weights on each side and did two sets of 8. His final set had 320 lbs of weights on it and he did six reps.

Then we have a lady who has a four-year-old in the gym's daycare. She is about 5'7" tall and is very slender. My wife says she probably weighs 115 lbs. She can squat and deadlift more than most men. Last week her husband was in the gym working out with her. He played tight end in college and is very strong. However, when she squatted 230 lbs for two reps we were all shocked.

As a lifelong exerciser 75 yrs old. Looks like a good way to hurt your back. People always coming up with different exercise methods . Some a sure way to injury.

As a lifelong exerciser 75 yrs old. Looks like a good way to hurt your back. People always coming up with different exercise methods . Some a sure way to injury.
It's actually very safe, just basic physics but it sure does look odd. Where he's lifting from the light side of the bar balances it out so it's like he's doing a conventional deadlift

Top Bottom