What's new

Dead man walking...

They're both fantastically well designed, elegant razors, and the Vector is a great performer. The Sabre probably is, too, but I'm more a fan of AC razors and so haven't yet tried one.

Congrats!

Did that a couple weeks ago; both great razors, you’re going to love them.
And you're still alive to tell the tale? I've been pining for the Sabre for over a year and then I read that the Vector is amazing. Can you tell me a little about the experience? I got machined instead of polished.

The Sabre Level 2 is amazing and now @Steinmetzify has me 'jonesing' big time for a Vecor. :)
I have a nice collection but I buy a ton of cheap stuff. I like $5 -$20 razors, old and new, but once in a while I like to add something nice. I bought a toggle a few months back and some minty cased Fatboys. This is it for a good long while. Sheesh.

I ordered a Vector and a General v2 this week. My Vector arrived yesterday, going to break it in this weekend! We’re both dead men walking.... I have bought a lot of other shaving goodies this week, my wife will kill me if she finds out about all of it lol. Hopefully I catch the delivery guys first. Enjoy your new toys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own several AC straights and I used to own an El Jefe (first and only AC single edge) but I tried many times to tame that sucker to no avail. Always ended up with cuts (doesn't happen with any of my other 150+ razors so I gave it up.) But I read a lot of reviews and comparisons that claim the Vector is the best AC SE in production so I have high hopes.

I ordered a Vector and a General v2 this week. My Vector arrived yesterday, going to break it in this weekend! We’re both dead men walking.... I have bought a lot of other shaving goodies this week, my wife will kill me if she finds out about all of it lol. Hopefully I catch the delivery guys first. Enjoy your new toys!!

I've read about the General but I just saw it for the first time. THAT HANDLE! Lordy. You've got some nice kit, there.

And you're still alive to tell the tale? I've been pining for the Sabre for over a year and then I read that the Vector is amazing. Can you tell me a little about the experience? I got machined instead of polished.

Still alive sir!

I got machined on both as well; both great razors, really like the shaves on both, but the Vector is something else.

My #1 for the last 8-9 months has been a Blackbird, and I have both the SB and the OC plates. Stellar shave, and I never thought anything would unseat it.

Sabre showed and I gave it a few whacks and it’s great, but I’m waiting on some PTFE blades from Connaught, and you know the postal services are overloaded lately. I want to go back to it but I’m waiting on those blades to give it a fair shake. I nicked myself first shave which was sort of to be expected as I’d never used a Gem razor before. For me, riding the bar is essential for comfort on that one. That whole ‘keep the head flat against your face when using a Gem’ doesn’t work on my face.

Vector is otherworldly for me. That razor knocked the Blackbird out of the #1 spot for me. I kind of don’t even want to shave using anything else.

Almost as efficient as the Bird, more comfortable to use as a daily driver, really light and easy to maneuver, gives a great shave. Haven’t cut myself with it yet, and I’m 11 shaves in with it. It’s a beast; they both are, and you’re going to love them both for different reasons.

Still alive sir!

I got machined on both as well; both great razors, really like the shaves on both, but the Vector is something else.

My #1 for the last 8-9 months has been a Blackbird, and I have both the SB and the OC plates. Stellar shave, and I never thought anything would unseat it.

Sabre showed and I gave it a few whacks and it’s great, but I’m waiting on some PTFE blades from Connaught, and you know the postal services are overloaded lately. I want to go back to it but I’m waiting on those blades to give it a fair shake. I nicked myself first shave which was sort of to be expected as I’d never used a Gem razor before. For me, riding the bar is essential for comfort on that one. That whole ‘keep the head flat against your face when using a Gem’ doesn’t work on my face.

Vector is otherworldly for me. That razor knocked the Blackbird out of the #1 spot for me. I kind of don’t even want to shave using anything else.

Almost as efficient as the Bird, more comfortable to use as a daily driver, really light and easy to maneuver, gives a great shave. Haven’t cut myself with it yet, and I’m 11 shaves in with it. It’s a beast; they both are, and you’re going to love them both for different reasons.
Man that sounds amazing. I wanted a Blackbird but settled on the more affordable Dart and I have to say, it is one sexy razor. Aggressive and efficient, all you have to do is show it some respect and it rewards. I can't wait to shave with the Vector. Also, I'm strongly considering the General V2 handle for the Sabre. To me, it would look like a tribute to the old GEMs.

Welp, I figured since I'm already on death row, I may as well go ahead and buy the General V2 handle to pair with the Sabre and die a happy man, clinging to my heirloom quality pieces with a smile on my baby face :)

Welp, I figured since I'm already on death row, I may as well go ahead and buy the General V2 handle to pair with the Sabre and die a happy man, clinging to my heirloom quality pieces with a smile on my baby face :)

How’s that saying go...... “better to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission”

How’s that saying go...... “better to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission”

That's close enough :)

Also, perhaps I can list the Toggle and a Fatboy to negate this week's purchases before I get heat for it :letterk1:

Top Bottom