What's new

DE vs. the Gem

Hi,
While on the subject, is the technique any different than shaving with a DE Razor? I recently picked up a nice & clean Gem Micromatic for a few bucks
at a flea market and now feeling very anxious to try it out.... need to pick
up some SE Blades first.

Saully G.

:001_smile :001_smile

The angle is a bit different, but from the very first shave it came natural with my micromatic. I can honestly say it is the best shave I have had from anything..I HIGHLY encourage you to use it. I use the cheap-o CVS blades and get wonderful shaves.

I'm very interested now to give it a try. Anyone care for sending me some good blades to start with? I'll paypal them. Please give me a PM

Erwin

I do not have any of the good blades. Maybe someone with them can help out. I use the cheaper ones myself.

Excuse me for creeping in your thread but I would to ask the following.
I think I'm going to try this Push button GEM. Is it wise to use the blades included or is the advice to use younger (better) blades. Ted Pellas?

Hanspleasure helped me out, thanks Scott.

I have a couple of flip top GEMs that give me great shaves. The TTO GEM that I have has always nicked me on every shave that I've done with it. Perhaps that razor is outta whack since others seem to like it so much.

I have a couple of flip top GEMs that give me great shaves. The TTO GEM that I have has always nicked me on every shave that I've done with it. Perhaps that razor is outta whack since others seem to like it so much.

I have honestly never yet nicked myself with my Micromatic... I may tomorrow but I would still love that thing.... try hitting it with a hammer to get it back in wack... kinda like working on a chevrolet c-10.

Top Bottom