What's new

DE VS Straight Guide....NECROPOST

Thanks for posting, that was a good read. I switched to a DE and did that for about a year. It was great! So much better than the cartridge razors I had been using and a much better shave. I enjoyed the actual experience too with the brush and soap, etc. It was fast and a great shave. Two passes and I was smooth pretty much all day. Went for a third on special occasions for fun. Then I switched to a straight razor. Went vintage from Larry and enjoyed every minute of it. The shaves weren't as good and I still get some irritation, but it has been getting better. Part of my issue is technique, part of the issue was the blades were getting dull.

I took a month off going back to DE while I acquired some lapping film and got around to sharpening my blades. It just isn't the same anymore. DE shaving has become about the same as cartridge shaving to me. It's better quality shave for sure, but the process just doesn't give me that same feeling it used to. Needless to say, I sharpened my blade and got back to it. Now I ordered a new blade from Jarrod at TSS and I will never look back. I do two passes daily and get a pretty decent shave. My technique is getting better and the shaves are too. Much less irritation and rarely nick myself anymore.

Top Bottom