What's new

DE vs injector

ok, I’ll bite. I have an E-2 (seamed handle). I know that technique plays a roll, but but it feels aggressive to me.

I definitely am not sure if I have the angle correct though.
If your Schick Injector razor has a faint seam on the handle, that suggests it's not a Bakelite handled Type E; rather, it's a plastic handled Type G that was made 1946-1955.

If your Schick Injector razor has a faint seam on the handle, that suggests it's not a Bakelite handled Type E; rather, it's a plastic handled Type G that was made 1946-1955.
Sorry. I messed that up. It’s a G1 I think. I also have an E2 there the spring turns to the left. My bad. Same comment about it though

Sorry. I messed that up. It’s a G1 I think. I also have an E2 there the spring turns to the left. My bad. Same comment about it though
I too have a Schick Injector E-2. It's probably my most harsh razor of all my 70 or so DE, SE, and Injector razors. All the other injectors shave smoothly and tend to be mild shavers. I think the answer with the E-2 may be to slow down, and to keep the head flat against the face.

I too have a Schick Injector E-2. It's probably my most harsh razor of all my 70 or so DE, SE, and Injector razors. All the other injectors shave smoothly and tend to be mild shavers. I think the answer with the E-2 may be to slow down, and to keep the head flat against the face.
I’ve been wondering what the proper way was to hold these. Thanks!

All I know is that when a Schick injector comes up in rotation of any vintage D through O, I feel like I am guaranteed a great irritation free shave.

Top Bottom