What's new

DE stands

I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for a place to get razor stands. I've seen a lot of fellow B&B folks showing off epic stands. As thoroughly as I have rummaged the web I cannot find anything suitable for numerous razors and that allows room for expansion. Currently I'm using a tooth brush holder which worked great until my RAD went hulk mode and blew up. Any insight for me!? Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Look in the Hobbyist/Vendor classifieds here. I know there are at least 2 or 3 members that make really nice stands and storage boxes for a reasonable price.

I made mine from a kit purchased from Woodcraft. I used Ebony turned on my lathe. I also made my badger brush handle from Ebony also. I have seen some of the online shaving stores offer stands for sale.

I would love to be able to have the skill and know (or even the resources). For now I'm lacking all the aforementioned and purchasing makes more sense for me. I have not checked the vendor/classified area yet. Thank you!

I purchased this one off ebay looks great :) $stand.JPG

That does look great! I've already jumped my collection to 6 razors and I don't seem to be slowing down, I'd like the razors to stay consolidated and have a few slots for expansion. I gotta say though I'm digging that stand.

Here's mine. It's a modified vintage spoon rack that I got from eBay. I needed to use a dremel tool to slightly expand the openings on bottom for the razors (about 1/16" on each side of the opening). Although I may collect more razors in the future, I don't think I'd want to have more than six on display in my bathroom - so this works well for me.

Wonderful setup. Also That's a very valid point about have a million razors out on display. I guess I like starting each morning with plenty of options though.

Wow! Great den. I'd love to get my hands on that Ranger Tech if you ever decide to sell!

Thanks, for the offer on the Tech. It took me a long time to find it in this shape and it shaves very nice. Plus I like the history of
it, thinking that on Dec. 7 1941 someone was using it the day of the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor.

History buff myself. I think a lot of DE/straight guys are. I can imagine it taking awhile but your patience definitely paid off!

Wow. Some of these stands are incredible. I was thinking about just picking up a chemistry test tube rack on amazon. They have a dark wood one which looks pretty solid. The holes look like a perfect size for DE razors as well

Ha, I know. I was going to take a picture of my toothbrush/razor holder and now I'm glad I didn't. Would've been slightly embarrassing.

Seeing this thread lead to my newest purchase off the bay.

proxy.php

I plan to turn it into a little refurb/modification project. :w00t: Now I just can't wait for it to get in. Fingers crossed that it was $15 well spent.

Pipe racks are where it's at. I have three of them. Found them all at antique stores and didnt pay more than $6 for any of them. Two are shown below. The other is packed right now, but is double sided like the small one below, and holds 12 razors.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom