What's new

De shaving

It's quite simple, just take your time and just hold the razor near your face, move it downwards, don't go against the grain (at least not on your first pass). You're not a prison thug who has to use disposable plastic razors, your a distinguished gentleman who knows how to use and control a tool designed to reduce the stubble on ones face. :)

Thanks i will persevere maybe better soap might help i'm only using art of shaving soap

Art of Shaving soap is very good stuff and highly regarded by many here (except it's a little on the expensive side.) Are you generating a thick, smooth, slick lather? If not, you may want to review some of the tutorials and mantic59's YouTube videos on making high-quality lathers from shaving soaps. A poor lather can be a major factor in a poor shave.

I will keep trying but the wife is having to wash the towels on 90 degrees all the time to get the blood out! Is it better to grip the razor at the end or closer to the blade I don't seem to be able to master no pressure after using fusion and Mach 3 for years

The previous posters are quite right that you need to find a blade that works for you, but there shouldn't be that much blood with any blade, barring accidents. Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about your routine, what you're using for lather, what, if any, prep you're doing, how many passes, etc.

And welcome to the group, btw; there seems to be a bit of a run on new members from Yorkshire lately, at least if Hull counts!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rob:
Welcome to the B & B and please feel free to come up to the sun deck and 'sit-a-spell'. :thumbsup:

It sounds like you're off to a great start and yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and alround 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbup:

Also, it is very wise and 'sage' advice to get a Razor Blade Sampler to see what blade is a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and Razor...I happen to like Feathers with my Merkur's 23C & 38C razors (among other blades), too :thumbup1:

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (and are doomed perhaps :laugh:), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Below is the B & B Wet Shaving Instructions and Tutorials.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71700

Please don't forget once you get time....please tell all of us a little about yourself in the Hall of Fame sub-forum. :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

Top Bottom