What's new

DE Shaving helping to keep me sane....

Just sort thinking out loud ...

Do you all think it would be helpful or of value to others to do a bit of a journal of my way through this, one shave at a time?

At the moment the surgeon said in the same breath it was tiny but even aggressive cancers have to start somewhere..... but chances are it will never be an issue.... so here is hoping..[emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a private blog that I use to lay it on the line when I need to. I keep it private because it's pretty raw and intense sometimes, and it's just there for me when I need it. But you need to do what you need to do to keep yourself on the positive side of all of this so for you a journal may be just the thing.

I've learned the best things I can do for myself is to lead a very full and healthy life - eat well, exercise a lot, while enjoying my family and friends as often and as much as possible. And good coffee, chocolate or whisky won't hurt either. Be well...

:sailor:

Just sort thinking out loud ...

Do you all think it would be helpful or of value to others to do a bit of a journal of my way through this, one shave at a time?

At the moment the surgeon said in the same breath it was tiny but even aggressive cancers have to start somewhere..... but chances are it will never be an issue.... so here is hoping..[emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great idea.

You'll be in my prayers, your positive attitude is part of the cure. My wife beat breast cancer (double mastectomy) 3 yrs cancer free. God Bless you.

A while back I saw this humorous philosophical shaving quote by someone in here: "Every time I go and shave, I assume there´s someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna shave too.'"

Well, now it makes complete sense to me as a fellow man, probably the same age group as you. So tomorrow morning, when I load up my EJ with Proraso Green and pick up my nice 58 Tech Fat Handle, I will think good thoughts of you, buddy, and salute your shaves the next many many moons.

From half way around the world my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know that you will beat this.

-Peter

Last edited:
Kick its butt, Rich! Amazing what a simple thing like sorting out your shaving ritual can keep you focused upon the small things. Good thing to keep in mind when non-believers say, "It's just shaving...".
I've always said it that if that morning's shave is awesome, the rest of the day is a piece of cake. Here's to a boatload of cakes, Rich!

Pulling for you, sir. I'm glad you caught it when you did.

Take care of yourself, take care of those important to you, and let us know anything we can do for you.

Cheers mate. Stay grounded.

im sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but im glad you caught it early and its treatable. congratulations on the amazing shave!

Top Bottom