What's new

DE shave #1 and 2. I'm on the path...

OK. Long time disposable wet shaver. Mostly in the shower with bar soap. No real thought or plan, just getting it done. My main draw to DE shaving was the realization that I have been throwing away plastic razors for 40yrs.

I placed my order for a 34C, some Proraso products, a brush and blades. 1st shave was great. After lurking and reading and watching, I thought it was going to be more difficult. No nicks or weepers at all. I did a WTG pass only. Got a fair shave, all good.

Today was shave #2. Did my prep, loaded a Personna blade and did 3 passes, finishing with ATG. Awesome shave, 3 of the tiniest weepers that were gone by the time I applied AS.

I'm hooked. I'll keep my Harry's around, but I've already offered it to my wife. I'm going to keep it minimalist and use this combo for a year before heading down any rabbit holes. Just play with different blades, work on technique and see how it goes.

I look forward to lurking around and sucking up knowledge.

Although you don't know it, you (this site) have already helped me out a ton, Thanks.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome. I'm a newbie too... just over a month in. Congrats on your successful shaves. Look forward to following your journey.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Welcome To B&B, have some great shaves! The 34C is a good starting razor for a lot of beginners & seasoned shavers and hope you enjoy traditional wet shaving. I used cartridge razors for over 40 years and now I am spoiled with excellent shave gear.:lol:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
OK. Long time disposable wet shaver. Mostly in the shower with bar soap. No real thought or plan, just getting it done. My main draw to DE shaving was the realization that I have been throwing away plastic razors for 40yrs.

I placed my order for a 34C, some Proraso products, a brush and blades. 1st shave was great. After lurking and reading and watching, I thought it was going to be more difficult. No nicks or weepers at all. I did a WTG pass only. Got a fair shave, all good.

Today was shave #2. Did my prep, loaded a Personna blade and did 3 passes, finishing with ATG. Awesome shave, 3 of the tiniest weepers that were gone by the time I applied AS.

I'm hooked. I'll keep my Harry's around, but I've already offered it to my wife. I'm going to keep it minimalist and use this combo for a year before heading down any rabbit holes. Just play with different blades, work on technique and see how it goes.

I look forward to lurking around and sucking up knowledge.

Although you don't know it, you (this site) have already helped me out a ton, Thanks.

Yo dude! I am a first timer DE shaver as well! Woohoo, we both joined the newbies club. Hey, I hear ya, them cheap disposable razors that only lasts but a couple shaves, then all go to the landfill, all that plastic, total waste!

The Murker 34C is literally got to be the most popular DE razor that I can think of right now. And, it doesn't cost that much to start you out right, which gives you a chance to decide weather your in this for the long haul or not. Sounds like you are, and I am happy to hear that.

Thank you for also going into your experience. My experience was quite similar to yours. We just gotta learn our technique, develop our muscle memory, and get better at it in time. Proraso was going to be my 2nd choice for shaving soap, but I chose the Tabac for my first time.

Once these wonderful folks on this site converted me back to the lite side, there was no question in my mind, that I was going to be serious about getting into DE shaving. I started looking at several of the popular razors, I knew I was going to go with DE, didn't want single edge.

I weighed the positives and negatives of each of those razors, all in their different class ranges. I decided, well, I am serious about this, so might as well go big or go home. So I decided on the Feather AS-D2 DE razor.

proxy.php

I got a post on all this in the general shave discussion forum if you want to go take a look. But I tell you what I want to look at right now, your new razor. Come on man, don't leave me hanging, where's that Murker 37C? If you could post a pic of it, along with your shaving setup, I'd be much appreciated.

We maybe newbies to the DE's, but were not going to let that stop us. Were going to get our weepers, but we shed no tears from our peepers, for we persevere, cause there is no other choice. HEHE 😂

I am very happy for you, congratulations!

Welcome. Finding just the right blade for you in that razor will be the next step. Many to choose from. Enjoy the fun of learning and getting an even closer shave.

Ask questions and know we are happy to help you learn.

Welcome to B&B! The members are most helpful if you run into questions. I started in 2018 and haven't looked back. Keep to your promise to stay with your present setup for a year. I made the mistake to fall into the rabbit hole and purchase multiple vintage razors. There are no regrets, but I honestly feel if I had stuck with my original setup for a year, my journey would have been smoother.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom