What's new

DE Sample Pack (22 Blades for $2)

DE sample pack (2x each)

2 individual blades of 11 different brands for a total of 22 blades. The sampler includes 2 blades of the following brands:

1. Astra - Superior Platinum
2. Shark - Super Stainless
3. Derby - Extra
4. Derby - Premium
5. Perma-Sharp Super
6. Rapira Super Stainless
7. Racer Super Class Platinum
8. Wilkinson - Sword (Germany)
9. Bic - Chrome Platinum
10. Super-Max Stainless
11. Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, ordered one to try out a couple blades I’ve been interested in… looks like it won’t be here for a month and a half, but it’ll be a little surprise when it arrives!

Yeah, I noticed the mid-May expected delivery date too. I figured it was a relatively inexpensive way to sample a few brands I've never used and satisfy my curiosity. If my stock was low, I'd also add enough two-day delivery blades to the order to get me through the next six weeks.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you @dmshaver for the reminder. I sometimes suffer from information overload and fail to see what is right in front of me.
I'm so shtoopid, I always get in on the "Challenge" things that @Space_Cadet and @Grundi and that squirrelly fellow (whose name escapes me just now) put on and I've ALWAYS received the blades in great condition..... This might be a GREAT way to try lots of blades!

*I'll bet @dmshaver is just THRILLED that you've given me an idea of how to make him miserable, @bjm !*

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It appears that @dmshaver is the first of us three to fall asleep, @bjm ......I propose we give him a wedgie!

But I'm too tired, I'm going to bed. You get to have all the fun!

Just FYI, for the cost of a postage stamp to mail & a postage stamp on your self-addressed stamped envelope, you can participate in the Great Blade Exchange. A single stamp can easily cover postage for 25 - 30 razor blades.

Great Blade Exchange

I was under the impression that the blade exchange was limited to one brand for each kind being exchanged and a limit of two blades.

Example: Being limited to exchanging two Nacet's for two Vokshod blades and not being able to exchange 20 Nacet's for 20 Vokshod blades.

Is that not the case?

I was under the impression that the blade exchange was limited to one brand for each kind being exchanged and a limit of two blades.

Example: Being limited to exchanging two Nacet's for two Vokshod blades and not being able to exchange 20 Nacet's for 20 Vokshod blades.

Is that not the case?
That's correct, my friend. Send in two blades & get two blades back. Send in two blades of 20 different brands & you can get two blades of 20 different blades back. The Great Blade Exchange is a good way to build your own sampler of blades to try. There is no limit to the number of brands you get, the only stipulation is that you send in the same number of different brands as you're wanting to get back.
And the cost? That's the best part, it costs two postage stamps!

Great Blade Exchange

Thanks for posting, ordered one to try out a couple blades I’ve been interested in… looks like it won’t be here for a month and a half, but it’ll be a little surprise when it arrives!
Mine ended up coming in yesterday, shipping date obviously got moved way up. Looks to be as advertised, I gave one of the PermaSharp's a first run today (wanted to see what all the hype was about from the other deal thread posted for $10/100packs on Amazon).

Reactions: bjm
Mine ended up coming in yesterday, shipping date obviously got moved way up. Looks to be as advertised, I gave one of the PermaSharp's a first run today (wanted to see what all the hype was about from the other deal thread posted for $10/100packs on Amazon).
I'm looking forward to reading about your experience with the blades. Good luck.

How do you like them so far? This is one of the blades that I stocked up - DE‘s and half blades for the RR Eco.

Reactions: bjm
Top Bottom