What's new

De razor plate washer sticker ;)

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Hello gentleman

Although it is an unnecessary annoyance, I really don't like the slight scratches caused by the handle under the plate. In addition to wanting to keep the chromium layer on zamak intact, I also hope that other expensive stainless steel or titanium razors can maintain its beauty.

I have also tried to use silicone o-ring/nylon washer...I even cut the pvc sheet ring myself to use; but these will add one more step to the disassembly/assembly of the razor, and it may accidentally fall into the drain hole or lose it.

I switched to this small sticker a while ago, and finally solved the related troubles──A small piece of transparent sticker, there are ten pieces in a pack.
刮鬍刀保護貼-02.jpg
刮鬍刀保護貼-01.jpg

Align the plate and paste
刮鬍刀保護貼-03.jpg

After the completion, it seems invisible, and there is no need to pay attention to extra and tiny parts when replacing the blade.
When I use special or replacement plates such as rockwell 6s, I will stick the sticker on the top plane of the handle; I can avoid the interference of the shape, and even if I change different plates, I can have the same protection.
刮鬍刀保護貼-04.jpg

Thank you for reading :)

I understand you wan't to protect your razor from damaging

BUT!

My EJ shows NO sign of handle scratches after 6 years of regular use. Are you tightening with all the strenght you have?

My Rockwell 6S does show a ring on the plate after less than a year of use but I kinda like the wear and tear marks that don't affect the shave. Also this "damage" is visible only when razor is dissambled and, at least in my case, it happens only when I change the blade. I use just one setting though

ERS4

I understand you wan't to protect your razor from damaging

BUT!

My EJ shows NO sign of handle scratches after 6 years of regular use. Are you tightening with all the strenght you have?

My Rockwell 6S does show a ring on the plate after less than a year of use but I kinda like the wear and tear marks that don't affect the shave. Also this "damage" is visible only when razor is dissambled and, at least in my case, it happens only when I change the blade. I use just one setting though

I always rotate the head of razor until it's "just fixed" and avoid any excessive force. But as we all know, the processing details of Merkur are not as good as EJ, and the top of the handle is slightly uneven.

In addition, if two metals of the same hardness rub against each other for a long time, they will inevitably wear out gradually; the easiest way is to add a medium that is slightly elastic and does not have to worry about its wear. :)

My 6s & timeless ti is also attached with stickers, so it effectively maintains a more complete matte surface.

I have been using the nylon washers and have lost a couple to the demon drain hole. I like the sticker idea, except for initial application as it looks like keen eyesight is a requirement for success.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Nifty idea! I started using a nylon washer on the Blackland Sabre, and have expanded the use to the RR Ausgezeichnet (Wunderbar), and my ATT razors. I should have used one with the Parker Semi-Slant and the iKon X3 when I had them, the stainless handles put marks in the alloy heads.

Tightening, by the way is done by holding the handle between thumb and ring finger. Not enough grip to generate dangerous torque.

O.H.

Great idea for protecting the chrome on a Zamak baseplate from wear or cracking. On a non-plated razor, of course, any marks made by screwing on the handle would be hidden by the handle itself when attached. Unless someone's OCD, like mine, couldn't help fretting about what I know is underneath. :wink2:

ERS4

Great idea for protecting the chrome on a Zamak baseplate from wear or cracking. On a non-plated razor, of course, any marks made by screwing on the handle would be hidden by the handle itself when attached. Unless someone's OCD, like mine, couldn't help fretting about what I know is underneath. :wink2:

Hahaha~~as a graphic designer, I am also OCD, and I can't bear my very careful but unavoidable defects in invisible places. :D

That's a great idea, can you share a link to where you purchased your, please?

This is a small number of works made by myself (I am a graphic designer); and because I am not familiar with international shipping and pricing, I only put them on a few local (Taiwan) channels.
In fact, it is very easy to make your own, as long as there is a hole punch of the appropriate size and a transparent polypropylene(or PVC) sticker. :)

This is a small number of works made by myself (I am a graphic designer); and because I am not familiar with international shipping and pricing, I only put them on a few local (Taiwan) channels.
In fact, it is very easy to make your own, as long as there is a hole punch of the appropriate size and a transparent polypropylene(or PVC) sticker. :)
Very nice work, & thank you for the instructions on how you made them. I’ll begin looking for the transparent polypropylene sticker & a hole punch.

Top Bottom