What's new

de razor injector hack - anyone else tried it?

hey so i tried the de razor injector hack by the youtuber subie shaves a few months back but i think i didnt cur the de razor blade to size so didnt cut well

the other day i just remember the de razor in injector hack so thought id give it another go as i've got loads of de blades,
so yea cut it properly this time and worked very well

i only got two injector razors so not exactly got a lot of experience with injector razors,
i actually really enjoying using the pal injector razor which i prefer more then the schick L type injector razor,
not saying the schick is a bad razor its just the pal is more efficient YMMV

anyways ive posted about this before but im just wondering if anyone else has tried this 'hack'?

I searched and found it. Unfortunately, as with most YouTube videos, podcasts, etc, there's a huge amount of wasted space in the beginning. I gave up after about 30 seconds of useless babbling. If someone want my clicks, downloads, views, don't waste my time. Earn them with quality content, not a 30 minute video. Okay, rant over.

Reactions: saj

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
12 minutes before he actually starts showing the DE hack.

21 minutes before he actually puts the razor to his head.

31 minute video total.

Exact reason why I simply can not watch 90% of YouTube videos, especially shaving vids.

But anyway, I’ve not heard of this “hack”. But I do have an injector razor so I’ll give it a go. Looks easy enough to trim the DE blade so it will fit. Plus I think it would be nice to have a lot bigger selection of blades to use in the injectors. I can really only find the Schick blades. If I can trim a DE blade to fit that opens up a whole new world of blades for injectors.
And oh yeah…I’ll be sure to trim the blade in my garbage can, not my SINK.

IMHO ...Most YouTubers love to hear themselves talk rather than getting directly to the point or tutorial that they are presenting

12 minutes before he actually starts showing the DE hack.

21 minutes before he actually puts the razor to his head.

31 minute video total.

Exact reason why I simply can not watch 90% of YouTube videos, especially shaving vids.

But anyway, I’ve not heard of this “hack”. But I do have an injector razor so I’ll give it a go. Looks easy enough to trim the DE blade so it will fit. Plus I think it would be nice to have a lot bigger selection of blades to use in the injectors. I can really only find the Schick blades. If I can trim a DE blade to fit that opens up a whole new world of blades for injectors.
And oh yeah…I’ll be sure to trim the blade in my garbage can, not my SINK.
Yea he does go on a bit but I think the hack is really good for people like me who have loads of de razor blades and only a few injector razors, so can utilize the blades in the injector razor

Obviously got to be careful cutting any de blade as they're not forgiving lol

Hey so anyone know what's considered as the most aggressive injector razor?

I'm after one, I've only got the Schick L type and a pal injector razor

Schick is too mild for my liking and the pal is more efficient but I'd like something to give that bit more efficiency and more aggression so less pass which will mean less irritation

I know some people might think it's a daft idea but I'm honestly sold...
Each to their own! 👍💯🔥

In my experience the most aggressive Schick injector razor is the Type E with the caramel-colored Bakelite handle. It dates from 1935 to WW2. Shave slowly and with care as it can bite you, especially if your skin is thin.

The Type G is slightly milder and is hugely popular. It dates from 1946 to 1955.

I agree the Type L is very mild, but it's excellent with vintage twin injector blades, if you can find them and afford them. Otherwise do four passes with the Type L.

The Pal Injecto-matic (1952 to mid 1960's) and the Personna Super Stainless (circa. 1970) shave similar to the Type G, though the Personna may be slightly more aggressive.

Remember, most injector razors are designed to be used with the cap of the razor flat (or nearly flat) against the face. If you shave with the handle angled lower, you'll probably get a shave that is inferior and uncomfortable.

My personal fav probably is the Pal Injecto-matic. It seems to be better built and more solid than the Schick's, and I like the bend at the end of the handle that gives support for the little finger. But I like all the injectors.

In my experience the most aggressive Schick injector razor is the Type E with the caramel-colored Bakelite handle. It dates from 1935 to WW2. Shave slowly and with care as it can bite you, especially if your skin is thin.

The Type G is slightly milder and is hugely popular. It dates from 1946 to 1955.

I agree the Type L is very mild, but it's excellent with vintage twin injector blades, if you can find them and afford them. Otherwise do four passes with the Type L.

The Pal Injecto-matic (1952 to mid 1960's) and the Personna Super Stainless (circa. 1970) shave similar to the Type G, though the Personna may be slightly more aggressive.

Remember, most injector razors are designed to be used with the cap of the razor flat (or nearly flat) against the face. If you shave with the handle angled lower, you'll probably get a shave that is inferior and uncomfortable.

My personal fav probably is the Pal Injecto-matic. It seems to be better built and more solid than the Schick's, and I like the bend at the end of the handle that gives support for the little finger. But I like all the injectors.
I normally like longer handle razors and I noticed I preferred the pal handle over the Schick one even though it was longer

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Steve speaks the truth - I won't be watching the video, but this thread got me to wondering about the different thickness between DE and a true injector (Schick or Personna) blade. Part of the appeal for me is the stiffness of the latter ,, that disappears if you are cheaping down DE's you don't want elsewhere. But also not sure what the thinness of a DE inserted in an Injector does for the shave. Guess I'll try if I remember to ..

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Subie I see has some interesting hacks, I tried his hack with the Oneblade with 2 de-splined Gem blades and it worked well in my Core razor. The man gives really good ideas free for those who are willing to try a better way to shave possibly?. He is kind of a excitable type individual who is trying different ways or gimmicks of growing his subscribers base, a little Hollywood . It is hard to grow viewers when there is a lot of folks looking for the same few viewers on Youtube.

Top Bottom