What's new

DE razor in Tesco!

Just spotted this Wilkinson Sword DE razor in one of the larger branches

Don't know if it's just a Christmas promotion or a permanent fixture, also dunno how good the razor is (yet.....), but to see something like this on the shelves of a major retailer has got to be good thing
20181029_185442.jpg

It's a TTO. Nothing on packaging or razor to indicate where or from what it's made

Logically speaking, at the price, there's a good chance it's Chinese made but the fact they're appearing in a store like Tesco has got to be a good thing for bringing DE shaving more into the mainstream

That said, weighed it and it came in at 86g, much heavier than the 51g of the brass and nickel constructed Parker 86r. If that means anything....

I'll try and get some more pictures and a review of it's performance in next couple of days

That said, weighed it and it came in at 86g, much heavier than the 51g of the brass and nickel constructed Parker 86r. If that means anything....
My Gillette Slim is 71 g, and the handle is 82 mm long.
It's hard to see if that's the actual razor, or a photo of the razor on the packaging, or half of both.
The bottom looks odd. At any rate, it looks like a long (90-100 mm?) handle, which could account for some of the extra weight.

[edit]
Oops. It appears that the Parker 96R itself has a long handle.
I got nuttin'.

KevyShaves on youtube just did a video on one of these. He said it did in fact remind him of the Gillette Slim Twist. He said it was mild and that it felt sturdy. The spiral knurling looks cool. I looked for them online and couldn't find one anywhere. Kevy said that his was sent by a friend from Germany.

It's the new one from Wilkinson. ;)

There's another thread here talking about it.

That being said, there is another TTO from shaverboy for $15 with a brass handle and stainless steel head. But they only ship to Canada and US. IMO, that's a super good deal.

That being said, there is another TTO from shaverboy for $15 with a brass handle and stainless steel head. But they only ship to Canada and US. IMO, that's a super good deal.

$15 for a razor with a stainless steel head isn't a super good deal, it's miraculous. Mind you, I have seen DE razors described as being made from stainless steel that looked suspiciously like pot metal to me.

The Wilkinson Sword razor looks quite interesting, but if it's anything like the old Wilkinson Sword Classic that Boots used to sell then it will probably be very mild.

$15 for a razor with a stainless steel head isn't a super good deal, it's miraculous. Mind you, I have seen DE razors described as being made from stainless steel that looked suspiciously like pot metal to me.

The Wilkinson Sword razor looks quite interesting, but if it's anything like the old Wilkinson Sword Classic that Boots used to sell then it will probably be very mild.
Which DE razor gave you that feeling of suspicion?

According to friendship shaving, this is milder than the plastic version which sounds really odd to me.

The handle is thick and long. Even longer than the Gillette super adjustable 109.

And for some strange reason, this is no longer on sale in Germany. Not sure what they're up to. But if you see this in the UK, might be best to grab one in case they pull it off the shelves.

This is a TTO Razor I have every reason to believe it’s a rebadged weishi 9306-p but for all that it’s well made and gives a decent shave. Just like Kevy shaves I think shave wise it resembles my Gillette slim twist.

For those struggling to find on there are vendors on both Amazon Uk and EBay selling them as well as kit bundles with Wilkinson soap and brush

Picked one up tonight. £15, pictures below. If it's a mild shave I might try a shim to up the aggressiveness if one will fit.

Attachments

• DSC_0363.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0364.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0361.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0359.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0357.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0358.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0356.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 26
Saved me the trouble of uploading pics, thanks! :)

I put a blade in it this evening and, judging by the blade exposure, I'm guessing it will be quite mild.

Hoping to try it out tomorrow morning so will report back...

Top Bottom