What's new

DE Razor combo with Blade (good and not good)

Most of us do not use just one blade. Some blades are good for some razors but not good for others.

So, according to our experience, some combinations are good, neutral or not good. The same combination may be good for someone but not good for someone else.
You would all agree that our opinion is subjective and personal and this is the reason I used the term "good or not good" instead of "good and bad".

Here is (my) Good combo

iKon + Feather
R41 + Feather
Fatip Grande + Wilkinson
Fatip OC Slant + Gillette Silver Blue

(my) Not good combo

Merkur Progress + Nacet
Merkur 37C + Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (Yellow).

Of course, I do have some more combos, but let's hear yours...

Nacet are variable for me but I am going to try them in August; work fine with the Progress. I felt they we better for the 37C so September will be that combination. GSB, Astra SP and 7 O'Clock SharpEdge are universal so any razor for them.

The blade I seem to have good experiences with all around is the Personna Red. Other Personnas too. Rapira Swedish Steel is good, and Feathers in my Tech.

Gillette Silver Blues were excellent. But since their anti-male advertising, I'm on a "no new anything from Gillette" crusade. Two or three GSBs sit in their little carton in the red-and-white case my '62 Slim was sold in, and eventually I'll use them, but no more.

Personna Lab Blue paired with my Edwin Jagger DE89 feels like a perfect match for me. EJ paired with the Astra SP is pretty good too.in fact the Edwin Jagger makes most blades feels good I feel.
My Parker Variant Adjustable is another story. Feels too aggressive one the lower settings. Personnas are sharp! Shark SS seems to work will with the Variant for me.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

My ‘top-tier’ blades that work great with my ‘daily driver’ (Wolfman WR1):
Personna red
Personna lab
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP

Top Bottom