What's new

DE on the cover of Esquire plus short article

Hey fellas, spotted this just now via MSN. Looks like a DE on the Esquire magazine cover but no DE's are mentioned in the article.

The article for what it's worth is pretty lame, but does give good mention to badger hair brushes, some better name shaving brands (Caswell-Massey, L'Occitane, AOS etc.) and recommends every man have a proper wet shave at least once in his life - so, not all bad!:biggrin:

Andy,

You mean u focused on the DE, instead of the beauty with her lathered up face?

"I'm gonna havta have a loooooooooooooong talk with that boy"

Nice article though.

Marty

htownmmm said:
Andy,

Nice article though.

Marty

:lol: LOL! Unfortunately (or fortunately - you decide), now that I'm on my second marriage my one track mind seems to have grown another rail so I'm no longer totally focused on beautiful women gracing the covers of magazines.

(Uh-huh, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, you just keep telling yourself that Andy):biggrin:

htownmmm said:
Andy,

Nice article though.

Marty

Perhaps the fact she needs to shave her face makes it a turn off...besides, seems she needs to work on her technique...keep that handle up...

Better stock up on all your shaving goodies now before the DE craze hits the main stream. I know in the early 90's when the cigar boom hit, every one and thier mother was buying them, cigar prices went through the roof, and quality went to hell for a few years.
Cheers, DJ.:frown:

You know,

I'm not going to worry too much about this article... it doesn't mention DEs, and provides some mediocre shaving-advice... I don't think that this article will be the one that causes a sudden rush on "our" products considering that "classic" wetshaving has had much better publicity in the last while, hasn't it?

NMMB said:
You know,

I'm not going to worry too much about this article... it doesn't mention DEs, and provides some mediocre shaving-advice... I don't think that this article will be the one that causes a sudden rush on "our" products considering that "classic" wetshaving has had much better publicity in the last while, hasn't it?

I absolutely agree with you. I think a certain newscast of Mr. Greenburg wetshaving with a DE and high end brush and cream on national TV has done far more to inflate the prices of shaving supplies than this article ever will.

Hey! Those chumps stole my avatar! Is there a lawyer in the house?!

If memory serves, the cover is from a 1967 issue of Esquire featuring an article about feminism. I think the headline was "Are Men Necessary Anymore?" or something to that effect.

inkling said:
Hey! Those chumps stole my avatar! Is there a lawyer in the house?!

If memory serves, the cover is from a 1967 issue of Esquire featuring an article about feminism. I think the headline was "Are Men Necessary Anymore?" or something to that effect.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NMMB said:
provides some mediocre shaving-advice...

Not all the advice is mediocre:
"Always shave in the direction of hair growth; you'll prevent razor burns, rashes, and ingrown hairs. If you think you need to get closer, relather and then gently shave across the grain. It's tricky, but it's the only way to get that baby's-butt smoothness."

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
"Always shave in the direction of hair growth; you'll prevent razor burns, rashes, and ingrown hairs. If you think you need to get closer, relather and then gently shave across the grain. It's tricky, but it's the only way to get that baby's-butt smoothness."

Regards
John

Only the professionals at B&B can properly direct people to shave against the grain. :lol:

yasuo200365 said:

Regards
John

John, you are quite right... Some of it is OK advice, but some of it certainly mediocre (at best - IMHO).

Top Bottom