What's new

DE newbie with a muhler r41

Ok Jake friend, another good blade very sharp and smooth will be the Gillette Nacet.

I'm an enabler I know!
Use it and remember Randy's words.
Feedback please!

Thanks for the replies chaps.
I’m really loving my shaves with the Polsilver this week.
Shaved Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, (changed to a fresh one) and Friday and got a great smooth shave every time.
I’ve used Menrock, TOBS Eton College, Proraso green and Maca Root all face lathered and all with great comfort and slickness as my face lathering technique gets dialled in.
I always liked finishing a shave with the alum bar as it really tones my face, closes my pores and seems to take about 10 years off me but I found it started to dry my face out with continued use. But this week I got some small face towels which I leave in cold water while shaving then after a cold rinse and applying the alum i leave it on, brush my teeth and clean my brush and bowl then I have a nice gentle soak and rubdown with the cold wet towel. I find this gets the alum and any residual soap off my face better and it feels smooth immediately. When I had a Proraso green shave yesterday I used iced water from the fridge for my towel which chilled my face like a glacier. I’ve used the alum every day this week in this way and had no drying whatsoever.

Try cold water shaving. I started a year or so ago and never looked back. My skin feels great. Cold all the way start to finish. I shave before my shower. No prep, no nothing. Works for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, much preferred the icy effect that has cold water. I might drag an ice cube all over my face after my shave.

For some reason this thread you have made,inspires me with what I read every day.

For example, yesterday I grabbed my Proraso Green Soap and had marvelous shave!

Alum was dry for me also, the next solution I did was Witch Hazel(without alcohol if you can find). Amazing results, no dryness, nothing!

For some reason this thread you have made,inspires me with what I read every day.

For example, yesterday I grabbed my Proraso Green Soap and had marvelous shave!

Alum was dry for me also, the next solution I did was Witch Hazel(without alcohol if you can find). Amazing results, no dryness, nothing!

Various R41 posts have gotten me to get one of my own...up to bat for tomorrow's shave.

I use the R41 on a regular basis and I guess I am in the minority that thinks the stock handle it just fine, wouldn't change a thing.

Regardless of handle choice, you will love the razor, just take your time on the first few shaves. Become one with the beast.

The handle should have more deep knurling in this price the R41 costs. The head is extremely aggressive to put such a long and slippery when wet handle.

I have to say I quite like the handle, although I don’t have others to compare it to.
It’s a fine balancing act as you say randy. It sometimes feels like you’re dancing with death as it rocks and rolls on its balance point as your wrist twists and turns with it to keep the razors edge running over the face but it also let’s you make very fine adjustments in pressure and when you get it to dance just right you can get a perfect shave.

Yeah you have to be careful, dancing with death is the correct phrase!

When not careful handling the razor, it bites like a Doberman!

Yeah you have to be careful, dancing with death is the correct phrase!

When not careful handling the razor, it bites like a Doberman!
That seems to be the rule with it, I love that it’s so all or nothing. It can give a perfect shave and a perfect shave is a rare and beautiful thing, but if you make a single mistake you must pay with blood. Actual blood. it’s like a contract from the Old Testament I love it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom