What's new

DE for wife's legs?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Anybody's wife use a DE? What's something that works well for her? I'm thinking something that's unlikely to rust, so maybe a brass razor coated in chrome in particular? She will likely use it in the shower. Any suggestions?

Those lady Gillettes with the stars on the handle are nice (Super Speed head on a longer aluminum handle).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My girlfriend wife uses an ATT H1.

Loves it.

Uses it in the shower with the Colossus handle; the shorter handles and milder plates didn't work for her.

Parker 29L

Parker-29L-double-edge-TTO-saftey-razor-350x350.jpg

Parker-29L-Lavender-double-edge-saftey-razor-350x350.jpg

Parker-29L-Pink-double-edge-saftey-razor-350x350.jpg

My girlfriend uses a vintage Lady Gillette DE. I totally converted her to traditional shaving. She was amazed and hooked after the first shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maggard makes a nice lady's razor for under $20. My wife uses hers and won't switch to something better even though I've tried.

I started my wife on a 60s Schick Krona. After a couple of months I had her try a pre-war Tech. She liked that more. Just a few weeks ago she was commenting (complaining) about how much trouble it was getting a *really* close shave. I had her try my '58 red tip. Oh, she loved it. So much closer with less work (I believe some of us call that "efficient").

Sound familiar?

Shaving is shaving. It doesn't matter if it's a man's face or a woman's legs. My daughter uses my NDC superspeed. Well, I'll never get it back, so I guess I should say, "My daughter has a NDC superspeed she says she will never give up." Both of them swear they will never go back to disposables or cartridges.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I started my wife on a 60s Schick Krona. After a couple of months I had her try a pre-war Tech. She liked that more. Just a few weeks ago she was commenting (complaining) about how much trouble it was getting a *really* close shave. I had her try my '58 red tip. Oh, she loved it. So much closer with less work (I believe some of us call that "efficient").

Sound familiar?

Shaving is shaving. It doesn't matter if it's a man's face or a woman's legs. My daughter uses my NDC superspeed. Well, I'll never get it back, so I guess I should say, "My daughter has a NDC superspeed she says she will never give up." Both of them swear they will never go back to disposables or cartridges.

I don't mind if it's a ladies razor or not. I am more concerned with rust if she decides to keep it in the shower since that's where she's always shaved. So no SS, and preferably something that won't rust. Tarnishing is no big deal, so Brass is fine, but nothing that can pit and rust out. I have a 1960 Super Speed she could try. It's not the red tip. I would like one of those myself.

My wife likes the Parker 29L I gave her...smoother than the disposables she was using, and gets closer in one pass. I replace the blade for her once a week, with a Personna Blue.

I got my wife a Lady Gillette, she didn't like it. I then got her a long handled Merkur, she didn't like it. I then got her a Schick injector type K2 because of the long handle and she loves it.

I don't mind if it's a ladies razor or not. I am more concerned with rust if she decides to keep it in the shower since that's where she's always shaved. So no SS, and preferably something that won't rust. Tarnishing is no big deal, so Brass is fine, but nothing that can pit and rust out. I have a 1960 Super Speed she could try. It's not the red tip. I would like one of those myself.
Give her your Flare Tip and get yourself a Red Tip as a replacement. :wink2:

My wife uses an Edwin Jagger DE89L with a Feather blade and loves it. She keeps it in the shower, no rust yet.

You'd be hard pressed to find a vintage razor that will rust one you. Any rust you find, usually comes from the blade. My girlfriend keeps her lady Gillette in the shower without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My girlfriend has a EJ89 with a Lavender handle, a Lady Gillette that I found for her on the Bay and cleaned up, and a Parker that she just bought for herself from Maggard's. She rotates between them all. The EJ and the Gillette have both lived in the shower for some time and have had no problems. She also got a lot out of watching Casie Maggard's videos linked on their site and on YouTube.

My wife liked my Schick Type J. It's got a nice long handle and handles more like a disposable than the older Gillette's.

Anybody's wife use a DE? What's something that works well for her? I'm thinking something that's unlikely to rust, so maybe a brass razor coated in chrome in particular? She will likely use it in the shower. Any suggestions?

Vintage razors can handle most any shaving conditions, they were made to last.

Have you checked the BST? You might find both razors you are looking for.

Top Bottom