What's new

DE Daily Shavers, What Is Your Weapon of Choice?

Brass Karv with OC-C, SB-D, E and F plates and Rod George handle.
Before was primarily my Gillette Bostonian.
I love open comb razors they plow through days of growth and have a totally different feel, I have way too many-maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
For those who are looking for a currently produced Stainless Daily Driver, the RazoRock BBS might meet your needs.

Shave 20210108
20210108_113150~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock BBS (rusdrunkbear Handlebar Ti handle)
Blade: Silver Star (5 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey Persian Jar (Shavemac 24mm Finest)
Lather: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Post-shave: Clubman Osage Rub
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Four passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

In my opinion, the BBS would be a wonderful daily driver for many shavers. 👍

Been using an ATT M2 for years. Just got the Wolfman WR2 1.05. It’s going to be tough to decide which one to use daily. Both provide great irritation free shaves. The Wolfman is a lot prettier though. The fit and finish is beyond impeccable. So far it’s two shaves with a Kai blade in the Wolfman and I am super impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shave pretty much every day though I sometimes skip a day over the weekends. Like you I feel like I get my best, smoothest and irritation free shave with my Rockwell 6S but with plate 2 or 3. I could shave every day with plate 2 and get a very close shave without nicks or irritation. If my beard is a bit longer I will start on the 3 or 4 plate and finish on the 2.

My Gillette slim, on the other hand, seems to give me irritation after a day or two. So I only use that razor once in a while and usually not twice in a row. I enjoy using the slim and can get a very good shave with it on the lower settings but not as close to BBS as with the Rockwell.

I had a big variety of razors, and I shave up to 7 days per week (sometimes I skip a day over the weekends). My go to razor is the the Rockwell 6S with plate 5/6, mostly use plate 6. With the 6S I get always a DFS/BBS shaves without any nicks or irritation.

No doubt a damn good razor for daily shavers!

My current everyday razor is a Blackland Tradere SB. Prior to that it was a Timeless Titanium 0.68 SB and prior to that an ATT Atlas M1.

Others in my collection that can be used daily but had been in a rotation were (oldest to newest and all Gillettes) Ball end Old Type, Goodwill 164 (almost identical to Old Type in shave), New LC, New SC, A4 Red Tip Superspeed, C1 Tech, C4 Flare Tip Superspeed, E4 Fatboy.

Variety is nice but so is consistency.

If it says Gillette on it somewhere it could be my daily razor, but my harem contains many choices.... Come to think of it some of my Gillette's don't say Gillette anywhere.

Eben Stone

Staff member
That's pretty hardcore. The R41 I could just about live with daily but from what I've heard the Ikon Tech is proper feisty! How does it compare to the R41?

I love the R41 but it doesn't have enough blade feel for me. The Ikon Tek solves that problem. The Tek has a lot more blade feel, and the geometry is weird - - the safety bar is kinda useless (if you look at the side of the head the safety bar is "inside" what I would call the shave plane, so you basically must ride the cap or ride the blade because there is useful safety bar), it was a challenge to learn. Took me about 15 shaves before I noticed it has a blade alignment problem. It is definately more aggressive than the R41.

I love the R41 but it doesn't have enough blade feel for me. The Ikon Tek solves that problem. The Tek has a lot more blade feel, and the geometry is weird - - the safety bar is kinda useless (if you look at the side of the head the safety bar is "inside" what I would call the shave plane, so you basically must ride the cap or ride the blade because there is useful safety bar), it was a challenge to learn. Took me about 15 shaves before I noticed it has a blade alignment problem. It is definately more aggressive than the R41.
Love it! Never thought I'd hear anyone accuse the R41 for having insufficient blade feel... 🙂

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
98% of the time my Merkur 38C. I shave every day and lucked out finding my best razor on my first acquisition. For quite a few years I've been using Feather blades. In the early days I thought they got dull more quickly than other blades but practice does make a difference.

Top Bottom