What's new

DE Daily Shavers, What Is Your Weapon of Choice?

Since I have been on this forum I have read frequent questions about which razor is the best and what works best for you etc. Often people don’t qualify their recommendations with their frequency of shaving. This does a disservice to those who prefer to shave daily and those who prefer to shave every other day or even less frequently. Since I am a daily shaver I am asking those that also shave daily to list the razors that help them enjoy shaving daily, whether their razor is SB (safety bar), open comb (OC), slant (SL) or open comb slant (SLOC). If you know the blade gap and blade exposure of your weapon of choice feel free to add that information. My hope is that those who wish to shave daily can get some ideas for the razors that will help them in that pursuit.
So since I started this I will lead off. My daily shaver weapon of choice is the Rockwell 6S. It was my first razor. I have no idea what the blade exposure is but this razor comes with three reversible SB plates with blade gaps of .20mm, .35mm, .48mm, .61mm, .69mm and .79mm. I also have two other razors that I can shave with daily. First is the Henson Razor AL13 Medium SB with a blade gap of .85 mm and a blade exposure range of +.041 to +.061 mm. The other is the Gillette Heritage razor which uses the Muhle R89 head. This SB razor has a blade gap of .76mm and I don’t know what the blade gap is. I will be receiving a Timeless SS SB .68 with a blade exposure of 0 very soon and I am very much hoping that it will be my new weapon of choice! So daily shavers, what razor is your weapon of choice?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t know why you can’t shave every day with whatever razor you want, other than the fact that my more efficient razors shave me so well in three passes that I don’t grow whiskers back fast enough to shave every 24 hours.

If I wanted to shave every 24 hours I’d have to use a straight every day because I can’t go ATG under my chin with one, so the whiskers don’t get cut to skin level. Or skip a pass every day; you can’t irritate your skin with daily shaving if you don’t touch the blade to it as much.

I wouldn’t know why you can’t shave every day with whatever razor you want, other than the fact that my more efficient razors shave me so well in three passes that I don’t grow whiskers back fast enough to shave every 24 hours.

If I wanted to shave every 24 hours I’d have to use a straight every day because I can’t go ATG under my chin with one, so the whiskers don’t get cut to skin level. Or skip a pass every day; you can’t irritate your skin with daily shaving if you don’t touch the blade to it as much.
The question isn’t why can’t you use any razor or why you can’t shave everyday. The question is for those who do shave daily what works best for them. If you shave once a month that is fine by me. I am trying to build a knowledge base for those who would like to shave daily from those who do. There is no right or wrong here. Just trying to help people out who must shave daily for work or other reasons and those who want to shave daily because they enjoy it.

Very relevant and fun thread!

This shaver has several weapons of choice. I love to shave every day so I prefer (need :blush:) milder razors. My very regular ones which always provide an effortless and wonderful mild shave are:

Aristocrat 4th gen
Hybrid Tech
Rocket Flare Tip
Slim on setting 4
Post-war Tech
Aristocrat 1st gen
Gibbs #17
Eclipse Red Ring

I usually change razors every 1-2 shave just for fun, but the last week or so I have been in total love again with my Slim which did not see any use for more than a year (yes I track my daily shaves...). Perfect shaver and the 1960s design of the mechanics is simply to die for :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I have to shave every day....because of work plus I just love to use all my shave gears..hard and software...
I have 30 DE & 3 SE razors, not including 4 SRs (they're not shave-ready enough) and I shave with all of them rotating as much or many as I can. Some more than others and some less....
Among my top favorites (perhaps 2-3-4 use a month) this list changes every week or month... 😀 you know how it is...😆
  1. Karve Brass SB-D plate
  2. GC.84 SB
  3. Razorock G37 Slant
  4. Parker SemiSlant
  5. Yaqi DLC
  6. Fatip OC and OC Slant
  7. GEM Junior
Among my least use (perhaps 0-1 use a month)
  1. Yaqi Knight Helmet
  2. Yaqi Slant
  3. Qshave Adjustable

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I'm all over the place and use a wide variety of razors..... ;)

20210104: Yates Stonewashed Stainless 921-H
20210103: RazoRock Lupo Stainless w/DLC
20210102: Charcoal Goods Stainless Everyday
20210101: Blackland Vector OC
20201231: Ikon B1 OSS
20201230: Rex Envoy
20201229: Blackland Razors Dart
20201228: Karve Mixed OC-C
20201227: Occam's Stainless DE Safety Razor (Full OC Plate)
20201226: Ikon B1 Standard
20201225: Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird
20201224: Blackland Razors Vector OC
20201223: Yates 921-H (Charcoal Goods Copper Maze Handle)
20201222: RazoRock Stainless Lupo w/DLC
20201221: Rex Envoy
20201220: Blackland Blackbird SB
20201219: No Shave
20201218: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
20201217: No Shave
20201216: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)
20201215: No Shave
20201214: GEM MMOC (with bumps)
20201213: Blackland Razors Vector OC
20201212: Yates Model 921-HYB Brass Base + Model 921 Stainless Cap (Charcoal Goods Hammered Brass Handle)
20201211: ATT CR1 Copper Base + H1 Stainless Cap (ATT Copper handle)
20201210: Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
20201209: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
20201208: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)
20201207: GEM Featherweight Deluxe
20201206: Blackland Razors Vector OC
20201205: ATT CR1 Copper Base + H1 Stainless Cap (ATT Copper handle)
20201204: Karve Mixed OC-C (Brass handle and cap + Stainless OC-C plate)
20201203: Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
20201202: Blackland Razors Blackbird SB
20201201: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Hammered Handle)

Only missed 3 days since 12/1. :)

As a daily shaver for the last 4-5 years I frequently vary my set-up as I feel a bit guilty leaving a razor, brush or soap unused for too long (sad I know...).

However, if I had to pick one razor only then it would most likely be the Rockwell 6S (R4 plate) as it is supremely comfortable and smooth.

Top Bottom