What's new

DE curious but not sure? Why not join the UK/EU starter kit PIF draw to try it out?

I started my DE journey just over a year ago, mainly because my skin hated standard cartridge shaving.

I lurked here for a long time before I pulled the trigger on DE shaving, mainly because there was so much information I didn't know where to start.

Even though I'm fairly new here, I was welcomed with open arms, and was also lucky enough to win a PIF myself.

I always knew I would repay that favour to someone else, I just didn't know when or what with - as a relative newbie myself (compared to the veterans here) I don't have a massive treasure chest of kit to pass on.

But it struck me, what I do have is the right kit for someone who is totally new to DE shaving.

So welcome to the "UK/EU starter kit PIF draw to try it out"....I know, snappy name, right? :biggrin1:

What's up for grabs here is a good starter all-in-one kit to introduce someone to the world of DE shaving

$IMG_20160930_104508.jpg

It contains:
A razor - seems a good place to start. It's a no thrills but totally functional razor - Good weight, nice mild shave - not too scary for a starting razor
1 pack Derby extra/1 pack Wilkinson Sword blades - 10 blades to get you started
Erasmic Shaving Brush - synthetic brush to get you started lathering like a demon
Styptic pencil - because nicks/cuts will happen
Proraso Red soap - well regarded, lovely scent
Proraso White pre/post shave - for sensitive skin - I still have a pot on the go, although I prefer it as a pre-shave myself

I'll also throw in a small postcard sized guide to shaving - while I'd recommend you look at the many useful tips/vids on the site, the internet is not always practical in the bathroom. Consider it the flash card of shaving

The rules:
1. All are welcome - if it's because you want to try out DE shaving, or because you want to pass it on to a friend who keeps eyeing up your expensive kit, I don't mind either way. If you're a lurker that signed up especially, don't forget to look for the Lurker blade PIFs that go up every week (in this forum section)

2. EU and UK only please. Sorry CONUS guys, but the postage over the Atlantic probably makes it not worth it

3. Everything is unused apart from the razor - it has been thoroughly cleaned, but if the thought that it has been near another guy's face gives you clammy sweats, move along - nothing to see here :biggrin1:

4. I am not to be held responsible if you fall in love with DE shaving and then spend loads of money on razors/badger hair brushes/creams/soaps etc, nor am I responsible for any time lost to the site

5. Just reply with a post that says "I'M IN" and tell me your favourite Stephen King book/film/TV show/clown-inspired recurring nightmare

6. Closing date will be 23:59:59 (UTC) on October 10th

Attachments

• $IMG_20160930_104508.jpg
    $IMG_20160930_104508.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 46
I hate the way we CONUS guys get left out of these awesome PIF's.

Well, now you know how we continental European, Irish, and UK members feel. Between postal delays, cost of postage, and if you're unlucky delays while customs process the package and THEN they hit you with excise duty, intercontinental PIFs are neither affordable nor practicable. Sad but there it is.

Many thanks for doing this and if it's OK I just want to add that I'm doing a pass around of the following seven shaving creams all of which are excellent but are sometimes a bit difficult to find:

• 2 from Italy: Atkinsons for Gentlemen Shaving Cream (everyone thinks it's English but it's now made in Italy) and Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream (no introduction needed).
  • 2 from Bulgaria: KAPO and Viking Active (KAPO is pronounced KARO it and the Viking are both superlative creams)
  • 1 from Spain: Lea Brushless (this is a "Marmite" cream you either love it or hate it).
  • 1 from Germany: Florena Comfort Rasiercreme (the German classic - I believe the firm has been bought over by Nivea)
  • 1 from Russia: Viking (this is the Russian version of the Bulgarian cream and to my mind it's even better than the already excellent Bulgarian product.

To join in this pass around you must be resident in Continental Europe, Ireland, or the UK. All you have to do is go to the announcement which you can find here on Badger and Blade and do a posting saying "I'm in" - Then PM me giving me your postal address so I can add you to the list.

There are several other pass arounds and PIFs planned. Some by me and some by Jonno7452 who started the group.

I started my DE journey just over a year ago, mainly because my skin hated standard cartridge shaving.

I lurked here for a long time before I pulled the trigger on DE shaving, mainly because there was so much information I didn't know where to start.

Even though I'm fairly new here, I was welcomed with open arms, and was also lucky enough to win a PIF myself.

I always knew I would repay that favour to someone else, I just didn't know when or what with - as a relative newbie myself (compared to the veterans here) I don't have a massive treasure chest of kit to pass on.

But it struck me, what I do have is the right kit for someone who is totally new to DE shaving.

So welcome to the "UK/EU starter kit PIF draw to try it out"....I know, snappy name, right? :biggrin1:

What's up for grabs here is a good starter all-in-one kit to introduce someone to the world of DE shaving

View attachment 692189

It contains:
A razor - seems a good place to start. It's a no thrills but totally functional razor - Good weight, nice mild shave - not too scary for a starting razor
1 pack Derby extra/1 pack Wilkinson Sword blades - 10 blades to get you started
Erasmic Shaving Brush - synthetic brush to get you started lathering like a demon
Styptic pencil - because nicks/cuts will happen
Proraso Red soap - well regarded, lovely scent
Proraso White pre/post shave - for sensitive skin - I still have a pot on the go, although I prefer it as a pre-shave myself

I'll also throw in a small postcard sized guide to shaving - while I'd recommend you look at the many useful tips/vids on the site, the internet is not always practical in the bathroom. Consider it the flash card of shaving

The rules:
1. All are welcome - if it's because you want to try out DE shaving, or because you want to pass it on to a friend who keeps eyeing up your expensive kit, I don't mind either way. If you're a lurker that signed up especially, don't forget to look for the Lurker blade PIFs that go up every week (in this forum section)

2. EU and UK only please. Sorry CONUS guys, but the postage over the Atlantic probably makes it not worth it

3. Everything is unused apart from the razor - it has been thoroughly cleaned, but if the thought that it has been near another guy's face gives you clammy sweats, move along - nothing to see here :biggrin1:

4. I am not to be held responsible if you fall in love with DE shaving and then spend loads of money on razors/badger hair brushes/creams/soaps etc, nor am I responsible for any time lost to the site

5. Just reply with a post that says "I'M IN" and tell me your favourite Stephen King book/film/TV show/clown-inspired recurring nightmare

6. Closing date will be 23:59:59 (UTC) on October 10th

Your an absolute Hero Justice!! [emoji3] That is an awesome PIF my friend and showing the B&B spirit through and through. I should add NOT IN as I am building up some nice Kit of my own. Make sure you sign up to [MENTION=92008]margor64peroez[/MENTION] cream pass around though. Legends the lot of you!!!

Top Bottom