What's new

DE Blade Suggestions (Been away a while)

With all the usual provisos, YMMV, etc. Here are my top 5 (in no particular order):
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP
Personna reds (Israeli)
Personna labs (or Med Preps)

I bought a box of Astra blades a while back, are they still good? Some Amazon reviewers were saying that they somehow declined in quality.

Ended up with a small order: 20x Feathers (cuz I know they work well for me) and 20x Wizamet Super Iridiums.

Next batch will likely be some Kai and Wilkinson for sure, and something else to sample.

Thanks guys!

Next to find is a new strop

Nothing wrong with sticking to feathers!
problem is that blades match with users skin and the razor.
I tend to use different blades for different razors. So if feather is your match I would keep it since they are still made.

want to experiment I have allready seen a couple of good lists for a sampler
But silver blues, nacet, Kai, Wilkinson, bic chrome should be in there.

derby premium is different as an extra imho and my blade for the Gillette black beauty.

does anybody like derby premium blades?
I do. Quite a bit in fact. I find them very <comfortable> yet still <efficient>.

That said I don't exactly value sharpness over smoothness, and I think I have fairly easy to cut whiskers so I can get by with what many people might consider duller blades. I <feel> like the Derby's aren't as sharp as most of my Gillette Russian blades, but they aren't dull by any means. A good blend.

Top Bottom