What's new

DE Blade Storage Box

I wanted a neat, moisture proof storage method, so I designed these 3D printable trays. They fit a Lock & Lock #HPL815D 37oz snap-top container, and hold 180 blades / tray (360 / container.)

You can download here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4868228

IMG_1478 (Large).JPG

Looks nice. Aren't you afraid the snap top might actually make it easier for condensation to accumulate because of changes in temperature and humidity?

I'm in - will try it and let you know how it works. ABS seems like the right material for something like this (?) - not a 3d printer SME.

I'm in - will try it and let you know how it works. ABS seems like the right material for something like this (?) - not a 3d printer SME.

PLA will work fine, it's not going to see high temperatures, or need high strength or anything. I used some rainbow colored PLA that my wife bought for me. I don't know a whole lot of people who use ABS anymore, there are better choices. It smells TERRIBLE and is extremely sensitive to warping during printing. For higher temperature capability or tougher parts, I use PETG for cheap/temporary things and carbon-fiber filled nylon or carbon-polycarbonate for permanent things.

Top Bottom