What's new

Day Five with a GEM.

Yesterday, I switched from the Push Button Micromatic to the 1912 Damaskene. I have been using the same blade in both razors, a GEM stainless. I believe the “semi-open comb” of the 1912 makes it a bit more aggressive. So far, I have gotten nothing but near BBS shaves from both GEM razors but I find the 1912 a hair more efficient. The shave was as follows:

Omega 10048
ARKO
Alum block
Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
4711 A/S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Push button micromatic???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Gem, yes. Pushbutton, yes. Micromatic, no. The Micromatics were, in order of production, the Micromatic (open comb), the Clog-Pruf, and the Flying Wing (bullet tip). All were TTO and all had tabs inside the cap that interlocked with the notches of the Gem blade. This whole SE thing is just as complex as the DE world, except we don't spend a lot of time searching for the perfect blade.

Gem, yes. Pushbutton, yes. Micromatic, no. The Micromatics were, in order of production, the Micromatic (open comb), the Clog-Pruf, and the Flying Wing (bullet tip). All were TTO and all had tabs inside the cap that interlocked with the notches of the Gem blade. This whole SE thing is just as complex as the DE world, except we don't spend a lot of time searching for the perfect blade.
That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Just picked up a bullet tip and it might be my favorite micromatic. It seems heavier to me.

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Just picked up a bullet tip and it might be my favorite micromatic. It seems heavier to me.

I love the bullet tip.........and its built like a tank....could easily be used as a "daily" for me.

camo

Top Bottom