What's new

Davidoff Cool Water - Its Awesome - Have You tried it?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I like Cool Water, however find it has very little staying power on me. I have the EDT and "light deodorant."

I am glad you like it too emwolf! I also agree that the cologne isn't super strong and doesn't last the entire day, pretty much 6 to 8 hours is how long it lasts. Which is why its a good idea to buy the largest size bottle, cause your going to be spraying it on ya every 6 to 8 hours for your day, so realistically twice a day, which isn't too bad really.

Smelling like a player; loved it 28 years ago but stopped using after I left high school. Great scent for cruising the mall to pick up dates and cruising the avenue, but not at my age now.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I guess I am just different then others, I don't consider age a factor for wearing cologne fragrances. About the only time that I could possibly consider an exception to that, is if there was a bubblegum scented cologne. Thats where I draw the line and say, bubblegum is for kids. :lol: I rather smell cool fresh, right out of the shower clean! Davidoff Cool Water is so fun lol 😁

Smelling like a player; loved it 28 years ago but stopped using after I left high school. Great scent for cruising the mall to pick up dates and cruising the avenue, but not at my age now.
I don’t think the high school (or college) kids use Cool Water to get the girls these days. It’s aged along with the rest of us.

I don’t think the high school (or college) kids use Cool Water to get the girls these days. It’s aged along with the rest of us.
Guessing it depends; once a player always a player. I’ll pass; I’ve grown up, make real money now, and my cologne selection has matured. Wearing Cool Water also doesn’t pass the wifey test anymore. If my wife says a cologne is out dated and meant for teenagers, I listen and reach for something else. I would still secretly wear it to my high school reunion…😎

I guess I am just different then others, I don't consider age a factor for wearing cologne fragrances. About the only time that I could possibly consider an exception to that, is if there was a bubblegum scented cologne. Thats where I draw the line and say, bubblegum is for kids. :lol: I rather smell cool fresh, right out of the shower clean! Davidoff Cool Water is so fun lol 😁
If you still spend time in a professional office setting, then age appropriate scents are a factor to consider unless you want your coworkers and staff talking around the water cooler about a mismatched cologne selection. Kinda like wearing an old PacMan watch with a suit during an important business meeting, you can but why? Retired folks don‘t have to follow any rules...bonus. 🥸🙄

So, Davidoff Cool Water, why? Cause its better to land in cool water then hot water. :letterk1: Seriously though, and here's why...

proxy.php

Introduction Story:

You know those Black Ice freshener trees that you get for cars? Well, if your like me, you've sampled them all, and none of them are really that impressive except for, Black Ice. Now, I've never seen real black ice before, but I sure like the scent of it! So the story goes, I scoured the internet to find out what the scent was made of, and that research led me to a Reddit, where they talked about what cologne most matches it, and as it turned out, it was Davidoff Cool Water.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not a hip youngster like these kids today, I was razed by the generation who lived through the Great Depression, back when the Ford Model A was trying to make a stance, when nobody but the rich could afford to buy them during a depression. So, I didn't know about Davidoff Cool Water, even though the cologne has been around since 1988. I've only used, Old Spice, Brute, Polo, and Preferred Stock colognes before.

The Box & Bottle:

I bought the 6.7 ounce bottle, cause why buy little when more is better! No seriously, I just want it to last awhile guys. The box they present the cologne in is nothing really special, although I am sure the company who makes it would disagree. Its a fairly plain box with some shine on it. But its super annoying to open, and frustrating to get the cologne out, because they package it with inserts, just a bunch of needless BS getting in the way. They really need to improve upon that.

The bottle itself, is as you see in the picture above. Looks nice I suppose, nothing fancy, and it doesn't need to be. Its a dark blue color, I like it, cause blue is my favorite color. The bottle is made of glass of course, cause we don't want chemical reactions happening with plastic bottles, that ruin the scent. That be a lot like when a cork reacts to wine and makes it go bad. Bazel Fawlty from Fawlty Towers should know all about that.

The Spray Tip Nozzle:

The spray tip, for each press, delivers a nice wide pattern, making it easy to apply to your body. I've used colognes in the past that have a narrow spray pattern, and make you have to use more. And even some bottles of cologne, will use a super fine mist spray, that makes you question if it was even spraying anything. So, its nice to see that for the price you pay, you get a good spray nozzle!

The Cologne Scent:

Top Notes: Peppermint & Lavender

Heart Notes: Oakmoss & Geranium & Sandalwood

Base Notes: Amber & Musk

This scent is best described as a very clean scent, as if you just got out of the shower. Like I've said in my introduction, if you have ever smelled a Black Ice freshener tree, then you know what Davidoff Cool Water smells like. The scent is not overpowering like Preffered Stock is. Its a subtle but noticeable scent, and because its not strong and overpowering, it shouldn't give you any headaches. I am prone to headaches, and Cool Water gives me none, so thats great news!

The scent appeared to last about 8-hours for me, but YMMV. If you are someone who works a 10 - 12 hour shift, I'd recommend re-spraying yourself at the 6 to 8 hour mark. But if you put in a standard 8-hour shift, a single application should be enough. And remember guys, ladies don't like overpowering scents, so you may want to start your date off with this one, just saying lol. I have fallen in love with the scent, and I couldn't recommend it enough.

While perusing the internet, I discovered that they also make this scent in shower gels, and aftershave balms. So, I know what aftershave balm I am getting next! Keep in mind guys, I am not a cologne connoisseur, so I am not up on all the expert lingo jargin, and what have you. I just did the best I could to write a review on on this cologne, and hope that it helps other's out there. And, like my title says, I'd like to get opinions from all of you all, who have used Davidoff Cool Water. What do you guys think of it?
Just my opinion, so hold off on the slings and arrows :). IMHO, Cool Water is a synthetic hot mess. GIT is very nice, but Cool Water doesn’t come close. I got a headache every time I tried it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Just my opinion, so hold off on the slings and arrows :). IMHO, Cool Water is a synthetic hot mess. GIT is very nice, but Cool Water doesn’t come close. I got a headache every time I tried it.

Hello drummer! Opinions are fine, as long as you are not attacking the person, and you did an excellent job! And believe it or not, but your reaction to a scent, in the way of a headache, is not uncommon. Prior to the pandemic, a sweet old lady, who's husband had previous died due to natural causes(not covid!), had a old bottle of Old Spice aftershave. She was going to throw it out and wondered if I wanted it, I said sure and thanked her.

So I put some on me, and I did notice that it was aged alright, it didn't quite smell original anymore, even though it was from the original line of Old Spice, before they changed the formula, it was just aged out is all, the bottle was probably 15 - 20 years old! Well, while I didn't personally have a headache reaction to it, a family member did. And unfortunately, I ended up doing what she was gonna do if I didn't except it, and threw it out.

So ya, certain scents will cause headaches for sure. But its also important to note, that one also has to be very careful with aged out scents, as the chemical formulation that makes all these scents, begins to breakdown, after they are 5+ years old.

Wore this one yesterday… always love it when I do, although I wish performance was akin to how I hear it was in the past.

A barbershop fougere wrapped in an aquatic nuance… quite the departure from the standard aquatics for the summer, I can rock it.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Wore this one yesterday… always love it when I do, although I wish performance was akin to how I hear it was in the past.

A barbershop fougere wrapped in an aquatic nuance… quite the departure from the standard aquatics for the summer, I can rock it.

Hello Riztory! I am wearing this right now, and I also love it when I do. I think most of us wish that the scent would last a bit longer for sure. But, you can usually count on it lasting 6 to 8 hours, then you need to re-spray. Thats why, when it comes to this stuff, its best to just buy the largest bottle of it, cause your going to go through more then some other colognes.

Well, you don't want to go truly aquatic now do you, have you had a chance to smell the Pacific ocean? Well, lets just say the smell of fish is an understatement. Its so strong off the beach coast, you'd have to literally bath in Davidoff Cool Water, just to keep the stench away. I find the cologne to be a fresh scent indeed, and I am glad that you love it.

You rock it sir, rock on, Davidoff Cool Water, better living when you don't smell like fish. 😝

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

The problem with Cool Water, like all of those great 80s scents is that they have been reformulated to hell and back. You’re going to want to find a bottle of the Lancaster version and get it.

Ohhhhhhh, does Lancaster have a version of Cool Water? Well, if the price is right, I may have to pick up a bottle of that. But, it can't be more expensive, I mean 30+ dollars for a 3+ OZ is plenty!

You can laugh, but I have used some EDTs that pay a "homage" to CW. One of these is a scent I picked up in a fragrance store in Tijuana BCN. The scent is called "Ice Water" (made in China) and I picked up 3 100mm bottles for the princely sum of $10.00 (USD). This came to 10.4 ounces for a sawbuck. It is a decent copy and I get a lot of wear all summer from this investment in EDT.

I visit Tijuana for the food, museums, and, of course, the beaches. (I don't drink alcohol, smoke, use mind-altering substances, or patronize the "ladies of the evening". This makes buying shoes at 3 Hermanos Zapateria More attractive. Sterling Silver, Malachite, as well as Lais Lazuli rings, are nice as well.

Since it is a 1111-mile drive from where I live to my favorite hotel (Hotel Aqua Rio) on Avenida Constitucion I like buying great scents at bargain-basement prices.

1656521515518.png

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

You can laugh, but I have used some EDTs that pay a "homage" to CW. One of these is a scent I picked up in a fragrance store in Tijuana BCN. The scent is called "Ice Water" (made in China) and I picked up 3 100mm bottles for the princely sum of $10.00 (USD). This came to 10.4 ounces for a sawbuck. It is a decent copy and I get a lot of wear all summer from this investment in EDT.

I visit Tijuana for the food, museums, and, of course, the beaches. (I don't drink alcohol, smoke, use mind-altering substances, or patronize the "ladies of the evening". This makes buying shoes at 3 Hermanos Zapateria More attractive. Sterling Silver, Malachite, as well as Lais Lazuli rings, are nice as well.

Since it is a 1111-mile drive from where I live to my favorite hotel (Hotel Aqua Rio) on Avenida Constitucion I like buying great scents at bargain-basement prices.

View attachment 1480253

Hey, if it smells like Davidoff Cool Water, then its a winner in my book. For years I've been on a search for a scent that I would really like, a scent that speaks to me on like a soul level, and I never quite found it, until I discovered Davidoff Cool Water. That hotel looks clean on the outside, hopefully everybody tells you how good you smell when you walk in there. ;)

The people at the hotel know me. When I roll in, my 2005 silver S-Type Jaguar lets them know I have arrived. (It is a 21-hour drive from where I live). The hotel usually costs between $ 38.00 and $50.00 (USD) per night and a Continental Breakfast is free every morning. I love to walk the town and take a $0.75 group taxi ride (one way) to Playa de Tijuana (Tijuana Beach). For $1.50 round trip from Revolution Avenue, it is worth the mile walk back to my hotel room. Lunch runs about $3.50-$4.00 in any taqueria. For $5.00, I can eat Chinese food, until I'm about to burst! For $8.00 (+tip) I can eat a Caesar Salad where it originated on 7/4/1927 at the Hotel Caesar.

I buy Jalisco-made leather shoes for about $34.00 a pair. I have good clean inexpensive fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom