What's new

David Carradine has died.

David Carradine was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, where he was shooting a film. The apparent cause of death was suicide by hanging. He was 72 years old. Rest in peace.

David Carradine was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room, where he was shooting a film. The apparent cause of death was suicide by hanging. He was 72 years old. Rest in peace.

I remember him from Kung Fu, the movie Lone Wolf Mcquade, and most recently Wild West Tech on the discovery channel. Rest in peace.

Clayton

damn.an actor of difficult personality and an ability to handle many things and roles.but he at least had personality unlike some of the disposable celebrities today.

I loved watching Kung Fu with my dad as a kid, and he was great as Bill in Kill Bill 1 and 2.

I loved everything he was in, and he will be missed :frown:

Way back in the seventies there were rumors about how Carradine had over-internalized the Kung Fu role, really thinking that he was a Shaolin monk. There was this idea that he was or had gone mental. But then as years went on after the end of the series it seemed like he reached some kind of equilibrium with his career. And of course his casting as "Bill" was genius, no matter how annoying Tarantino might be. Somehow bringing it all to an end in a hotel room in Thailand seems tragic, or perhaps melancholic.

A spate of suicides in the area has really brought me down. I live just by a train station and within the last 2 months 3-4 people have killed themselves on the tracks, including 2 high school students in separate occasions, both from one of our very competitive schools in the area.

I read on CNN about some 102 year old philanthropist who threw himself off a bridge. I can't imagine that suicide is very common in people over 100.

Top Bottom