What's new

Dave himself Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member Dave himself

133903.jpg

@Dave himself has been a member of B&B since Jan 23, 2021

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?
Every time I did a Internet search B&B always came up in the search with the answer so I started lurking and quickly realised that this place was a very close community with a wealth of information so I just had to join.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?
Before illness made me leave work I was a senior Die Cast operator in high pressure aluminium die casting company we made engine blocks and clutch cases for the motor car industry.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?
I was born in Belfast N.Ireland and grew up through the worst part of the troubles were bombings, shootings and riots were just part of everyday life.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
N.Ireland I've been to the middle of the rainforest in the Amazon and some other places but I could never leave here. IMHO we're the most friendly and inviting people in the world and we're always up for a bit of craic (fun)

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?
I used to do a lot of martial arts training in different styles until I picked up an nasty injury which meant I couldn't fight or do any heavy sparring which still affects my back badly some days. I also keep large snakes which some days can be fun. But above all I'm a football/ soccer fan, I support Liverpool. One day I hope to take my son to Anfield and stand in the Kopp and sing till our voices give out 😆

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?
I chose Deadpool because to me its one of the funniest films I've ever watched the language is a bit spicy but the humour is right up my street.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?
My Dad we never saw eye to eye until we found out he had cancer then we just clicked he served in the British army for quite a while and I bet there was so many stories he could tell plus I could get to tell him how much I loved and miss him.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?
I would love to visit America and go to the Grand Canyon. Maybe one day its been a dream of mine since I've been a kid.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?
My kids watching them grow up into fine young men and women I'm so proud of them.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?
Try to slow down and always be nice to people you only pass this way once you may as well enjoy it.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?
To fly

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?
An African honey badger no one messes with a honey badger

13. What kind of music do you like?
Everything from classical to heavy metal but no country and western I'm depressed enough without listening to someone losing their dog 😆

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?
Forest Gump definitely Forest Gump

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?
What have you done now

Fantastic interview @Dave himself !!!

You must be about my age then I can remember the fighting and bombings back in the 70s over in Ireland, and yes the Irish are a great bunch and sure know how to drink. Oh boy never drink Guinness over in Ireland, as you will never drink it anywhere else as good.

Oh yes the Grand Canyon I want to go on the skywalk.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom

You must be about my age then I can remember the fighting and bombings back in the 70s over in Ireland, and yes the Irish are a great bunch and sure know how to drink. Oh boy never drink Guinness over in Ireland, as you will never drink it anywhere else as good.

My first memory was of my Ma putting wet hankies round are mouths and nose and making us stand put in the back yard because the street was full of tear gas with the riots and i hate Guinness but I love Hop House 13 😉. And I'd love to do the skyway my Pastor did it and said he was scared stiff bur amazed at the same 😄

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My first memory was of my Ma putting wet hankies round are mouths and nose and making us stand put in the back yard because the street was full of tear gas with the riots and i hate Guinness but I love Hop House 13 😉. And I'd love to do the skyway my Pastor did it and said he was scared stiff bur amazed at the same 😄
I have been within a hundred miles at least 3 times in my life of the Grand Canyon and have never seen it. It is on my bucket list. If you ever get over here we should see it together, and then I will fly home with you to see the Land of some of my family's Heritage! LOL, that is also on my bucket list, and I'm sure my lovely War Department will be glad to be rid of me for a bit of time!

Seriously, I think I may have enjoyed your interview more than my own, and I'm a hard act to follow!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have been within a hundred miles at least 3 times in my life of the Grand Canyon and have never seen it. It is on my bucket list. If you ever get over here we should see it together, and then I will fly home with you to see the Land of some of my family's Heritage! LOL, that is also on my bucket list, and I'm sure my lovely War Department will be glad to be rid of me for a bit of time!

Seriously, I think I may have enjoyed your interview more than my own, and I'm a hard act to follow!
I'm absolutely flattered Dave truly I am thank you so much and your on about the Grand Canyon and I'll take you till the Ulster folk museum and you can see how your ancestors lived and you get to sample the local food.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom

Sorry mate I've been meaning to reply to you do you still live over here or have you moved ?.

Top Bottom