What's new

Daughter Got Into My Blades!

You may want to work on that one.

Close call, indeed.
Before becoming a father I was told stories about the scary silence that nearly every parent experience with little ones.
When my daughter was about two I learned what first hand what that scary silence was all about. She painted our bathroom with my wife's expensive makeup. What a mess. As long as they're raising you know what and making noise, they not getting into trouble. Never ever let your guard down, some life experiences are not worth learning first hand, or second hand for that matter.

Puh. Good to read she' s doing okay.
And an important reminder to be even more careful with the blades being stored in our house...

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
One thing I learned as a parent was that there are always sanctimonious people eager to tell you what you did wrong and what you should do instead. You know you made a mistake but got lucky, and don't need anyone giving you grief over it. I am pleased your daughter is OK. 👍

One thing I learned as a parent was that there are always sanctimonious people eager to tell you what you did wrong and what you should do instead. You know you made a mistake but got lucky, and don't need anyone giving you grief over it. I am pleased your daughter is OK. 👍
Ain’t that the truth!

i cringed at the heading😱😱😱, before even reading any posts, but as most know, children will always find a way to get things, just glad it ended not so bad😔

One thing I learned as a parent was that there are always sanctimonious people eager to tell you what you did wrong and what you should do instead. You know you made a mistake but got lucky, and don't need anyone giving you grief over it. I am pleased your daughter is OK. [emoji106]
I haven't seen anyone giving the op greif over this situation. He brought the subject up and some members made a few comments about it, all polite no greif.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

I keep all my blades in the back of the top drawer of my chest-of-drawers, which is about 5 feet tall, so that no little ones or pets can get to them.

I did get a nice cut on my finger when I was a kid, wiping the stubble off a blade that was in my grandpa's Superspeed. Whoopsies.

At 6 yo, I found a razor blade in a cigar box in my grandfather’s house. Still have no idea why it was there, but I found out how sharp one is!

At 6 yo, I found a razor blade in a cigar box in my grandfather’s house. Still have no idea why it was there, but I found out how sharp one is!
A2C058EA-DFC1-4DCD-A304-2F664CFCB4FD.jpeg

Same reason some people have a cigar cutter like the one pictured above. One end of the cigar is blunt with nothing covering the end. The other is either rounded or tapered covered with the leaf wrapper. Used to cut the end with the taper or round portion to allow airflow while smoking

Ahhh, but my grandfather never smoked, nor did anyone in his house. The box was on a table at the end of the hallway upstairs. I’ll have to ask my mom at some point.

Before becoming a father I was told stories about the scary silence that nearly every parent experience with little ones.
When my daughter was about two I learned what first hand what that scary silence was all about. She painted our bathroom with my wife's expensive makeup. What a mess. As long as they're raising you know what and making noise, they not getting into trouble. Never ever let your guard down, some life experiences are not worth learning first hand, or second hand for that matter.

The first time I babysat my friend's kids,
the father told me that as long as I could hear them,
I didn't have to watch them.

I was lying down on the sofa in the TV room
when suddenly silence.
So, I went out to the living room where the eight year old
was at the computer. I couldn't think of anything else to say,
so I explained to him what his father had explained to me.
He is fully autistic, like Rainman.
He looked me in the eye, grabbed a kitten from the floor,
and threw it out the window.
I interpreted that as meaning that there was nothing that
I could do to stop him from doing whatever he wanted.

Another time, I didn't notice the silence until about five minutes
into it, his five year old brother, also autistic but not as much,
climbed over the fence in the backyard and got away.
I ran all over the neighborhood and told everyone.
One of the neighbors had a police scanner and he had been
picked up on the train tracks headed West.
He wasn't talking yet, so I grabbed his older brother
and his neurotypical 3 year old brother,
and took them to the police station.
The 3 of them together looked like matched set,
so the police let me have him.
Owego is a small town, the house, the train tracks,
and the police station are all just a short walk from each othe.
Those kids are all grown up now.

The end.

Glad she's okay... I got some of those "ammo" boxes from harbor freight and put blades ( DE , SE , and Straight razors ) in them.. With a padlock..They seem to work well...

Glad she's okay.

Kids like watching adults do "grown up" things. They see daddy running a straight razor over his throat and nothing bad happens, so they want to try.

So today was a new one and a potential close call. My two year old very busy daughter loves to watch me shave. She likes to sniff the shaving soap, hold my brush, help me make the lather, etc. I got shaving away and did what every good parent does- generally ignored the activity and noise she was making, as she always likes to open the bathroom drawers, sort through deodorant, etc. After awhile thought, I started realizing I was hearing a lot of paper rustling. I looked down and there she was unwrapping Astra SP blades!

She had fully unwrapped three razor blades and had them in a pile. I was frankly shocked that all she had was one tiny nick on the top part of her thumb. That could have been a lot messier.......
You could always get a lock box with a key to store your blades. Might seem like overkill to some, but she won't be able to get in it, and you can stock up on a bunch of blades 😃. You may want to take the blade out of your razor every time you're finished shaving. You can never be too safe with your little ones.

Top Bottom