What's new

Dating a ERMA 5 Solingen?

greetings gents!

a couple of days ago I purchased my first vintage straight razor, it is a "5 ERMA" by Ernst Mandewirth from Solingen. I searched the web and german forums what year or timeframe it it could be made but to no avail... So, i hope i'll find here someone with great knowledge that can provide a rough date estimate. Thank you

Here's some pictures:
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I found that cutlery made Hitler youth knives. The auction site also had no info on maker but says rare to see the mandewirth brand. I found them on a cutlery list also but no dates of operation. Most likely bombed along with others. So let's go with late 30's as a guess to the age of your blade.

I found that cutlery made Hitler youth knives. The auction site also had no info on maker but says rare to see the mandewirth brand. I found them on a cutlery list also but no dates of operation. Most likely bombed along with others. So let's go with late 30's as a guess to the age of your blade.

The maker was Ernst Mandewirth and was probably made pre WWII (20's to 30's)

much appreciate fellas! that's quite interesting info. thank you very, very much. :thumbup:

Top Bottom