What's new

Dash Cams

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I wonder what is popular in Russia. They seem to have more dash cams per capita than anywhere on the planet. :)

And since it is coming- in (Soviet) Russia, dash cam have you.

My main requirements are minimal, quiet, and cheap with good enough picture quality... I put in blueskysea b1w purchased from AliExpress. It has no screen. And once mounted with the hardwire kit you can't even tell it's there unless you look for it. It links in well with the Android app via wifi. All sound can be disabled using the app, so it makes no noise at all. So far it's been flawless. Picture quality is good enough for my liking.

I wonder what is popular in Russia. They seem to have more dash cams per capita than anywhere on the planet. :)

And since it is coming- in (Soviet) Russia, dash cam have you.

I believe it's something to do with the Russian legal system and the nature of auto insurance there - I don't know if it's exactly that, but there is a definite reason along those lines.

As far as owning a dash cam goes, I know I should have one, and I want one, but the self-incrimination aspect makes me nervous. Not that I'm not a safe driver, rather I don't want some obscure local road law to be used against me, or come under fire if my speed limit drifts a few over.

I have a VAVA one, and it is worth every penny. Super easy setup, simple yet effective app to monitor/download./etc footage. Despite the odd shape, it is unobtrusive, and hasn't fallen down once.

Top Bottom