What's new

Das Vorschlaghammer has arrived!

My Merkur 39C has arrived, my question, should I start off with the Merkur blade that came with it? Or should I put in my go to Super Iridiums? I did not shave yesterday to really give the 39 a nice test.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ah, the old "what do I do with the single Merkur blade that came with my razor" question. I believe the consensus opinion is to

1. unwrap blade
  2. place in toilet
  3. flush

Even if you eventually decide that you like Merkur blades (many do) the single, unprotected one that has been bouncing around in that box for god knows how long will likely rip you to shreds.

Ah, the old "what do I do with the single Merkur blade that came with my razor" question. I believe the consensus opinion is to

1. unwrap blade
  2. place in toilet
  3. flush

Even if you eventually decide that you like Merkur blades (many do) the single, unprotected one that has been bouncing around in that box for god knows how long will likely rip you to shreds.

Excellent reply, I least I used it to try to learn blade placement on this razor, you would think the Germans would have came up with more precise alignment guide on the slant.

Your gonna love that 39C.I shaved with mine this morning and it just keeps on impressing me.I only use Feather blades in mine.

Paul

1. unwrap blade
  2. place in toilet
  3. flush

Yep, kill that Merkur blade. Go with your best blade for the maiden voyage. I too picked up the sledge this week. Now THAT is a heavy duty razor.

Just took my first shave. WOW. This thing sliced through two days of growth like it wasn't there. I had one weeper on the chin, because I need to get used the extra length and heft of this hammer. I also changed my grip using the more classic two finger grip. But I had a very nice BBS shave with no effort. A couple of small gripes, knurl could be a bit deeper, and the before mentioned blade alignment could be better. And Merkur, I just paid 40 something for your product, could you please put it in something a little nicer than a brown cardboard box?

Top Bottom