What's new

Dart, Karve OC or Game Changer OC?

+1 I Highly Recommend the Blackbird. Very smooth and efficient, more efficient and blade feel than the GC.84, but less maneuverable.I haven’t used the Dart, but it looks very solid as well, maybe even more aggressive than the Blackbird(the Blackland site says the Blackbird is a 7, Dart is a 6 on the aggressive scale).

I don’t know how Shane came up with that scale, but ime, it’s more like:
Blackbird is a 7
Dart is a 9.5

I like them both quite a bit, fwiw

Italian Barber has now listed the OC baseplate for $35. Of course, it's out of stock, but I'll keep checking back and pick one up when it's available. I'm also looking at the BST to see if/when any of those other choices pop up. I was very tempted by the birch handled Rocca; I found one site that actually had it for right around $100 shipped. Of course, I'm also very tempted by the Dart at the same price. I watched a Youtube video comparing the two which ultimately suggested buying both!

Well, my next razor is going to the birch handled Rocca. I was looking at it on my laptop, debating with myself whether to buy it, and I asked my wife what she thought. She said, "If you want it, just buy it. We're not getting any younger and we can certainly afford it." So with that, I put in the order.

Blackbird is a 7
Dart is a 9.5

I’ve seen this perception of these two Blackland razors before, and am baffled (as is Shane, based on my conversation with him). On my face (and his, apparently), the Dart is noticeably milder/smoother than the Blackbird. On my face, they seem to be equally efficient. Both are great razors in my den.

I’ve seen this perception of these two Blackland razors before, and am baffled (as is Shane, based on my conversation with him). On my face (and his, apparently), the Dart is noticeably milder/smoother than the Blackbird. On my face, they seem to be equally efficient. Both are great razors in my den.

The dart gave me the worst cut of my life after 13 years of de shaving. (25 total years of shaving). It has a Shockingly exposed blade if you get the angle wrong. Mildness wise, it’s on par with my artist club shavette.

So bizarre how everyone’s perceptions differ. The dart has some very split opinions.

That said, I truly like it. It’s just ultra aggressive to me.

The dart gave me the worst cut of my life after 13 years of de shaving. (25 total years of shaving). It has a Shockingly exposed blade if you get the angle wrong. Mildness wise, it’s on par with my artist club shavette.

So bizarre how everyone’s perceptions differ. The dart has some very split opinions.

This is what makes the world go round, and the reason there's more than one razor out there. Carry on!

Blackbird is a 7
Dart is a 9.5

Once I started reading the reviews from
From very active hard core members
On the various shaving forums ,when
The DART was first released it was
Clear to me that Blackland's numbers
Were seriously missing the mark.
From the very beginning to this day
Just about everything I Read on the
DART seems to overwhelmingly agree
With your numbers over Blackland's.
One thing I'm certain of is that about
99% of the reviews I've read on the
DART are very Positive.

Now I'm baffled, I mean I read it on
Another forum where Shane posted
What you're saying, but honestly
Other than Shane you are the only
Other Reviewer I've read who considers
The DART milder than the Blackbird..
Now That's what I'd call a Super Sized
Chunk of "YMMV".

The Dart is aggressive due to its positive exposure, rather than gap. Razors with positive exposure -- like the Timeless Bronze also -- will hurt you if not properly managed. It comes with the territory. Personally I find the Dart a better design for me than the Blackbird which tugs ATG where the Dart sails right through.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hmmm
So the infamous DART AIN'T NO JOKE
You know I think I'm gonna have to
Have one.

I’ve being looking at the Dart lately as well, like efficient razors with some blade feel.

Well, my next razor is going to the birch handled Rocca. I was looking at it on my laptop, debating with myself whether to buy it, and I asked my wife what she thought. She said, "If you want it, just buy it. We're not getting any younger and we can certainly afford it." So with that, I put in the order.

Steve, congrats on the new Rocca!. I really like them, so much so that I have two! A birch bark handle V2 head and a V3 head black resin handle.

I’ve being looking at the Dart lately as well, like efficient razors with some blade feel.

Steve, congrats on the new Rocca!. I really like them, so much so that I have two! A birch bark handle V2 head and a V3 head black resin handle.
excellent razor

I don't know whether the one I bought is V1, 2 or 3. How can you tell?

Muhle Rocca 2018 improved version

Check out the thread above on this forum by the search function, sorry I can’t seem to provide a link on the device i’m On at the moment. This should answer your query.

Muhle Rocca 2018 improved version

Check out the thread above on this forum by the search function, sorry I can’t seem to provide a link on the device i’m On at the moment. This should answer your query.
Thanks. I checked out that thread, so now I'll now which version I've got once it arrived. Fortunately, it doesn't seem as if it matters very much. No one who has had both the V2 and V3 has noticed any difference in the shave the razor provides.

Your Welcome, yes I can discern no difference in the shaving dynamics between two version heads. Once the head is ok from a QC point of view you should be alright.

Top Bottom